• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Speaker Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
shard said:
the "audiphiles" like to bash anything they think is inferior, when in fact they are still decent.
heh, so true so true..
but i gotta agree, the logitech subs are too boomy for my taste, some people actually like that though. the creative systems seem to have a cleaner and punchy bass, but won't be as loud and the midbass is kind of disappointing..

imho means 'in my humble opinion' or something like that.

Audioaficionado said:
If you want something really good you'll have to spend more than $60.

Even a good 2.1 system will be over $100.

I got this Soundstick II 2.1 system at Cosco for $120.

SOUNDSTICKSII.jpg

Very nice looking and sounds even better.

Go listen to a set if you can.

Those are the nicest looking speakers I've ever seen. I'm going out to buy a set right now :cool:

shard said:
the "audiphiles" like to bash anything they think is inferior, when in fact they are still decent.

what if they are both? :p

I like my creative speakers, actually no, the 2 speakers sucked so bad, the sub could be turned up the whole way, and the tweeters would crap out before it?!

I used older creative tweeters with it, and it's NICE

the crappy ones not to get are the ones with a little midbass and a tweeter, and to think i got them cuz i thought they would be loud..

shard said:
And average users like to say words like that to avoid buyer remorse.

...seriously, I don't get what you just said. If an audiophile has an expensive headphone or speaker setup, and he says some average speakers are inferior...well...guess what...they are. I've never seen an audiophile go into a thread and say "BUWHAHAHA THOSE LOGITECHS SUCK $500000 SETUPS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO".

Emon said:

...seriously, I don't get what you just said. If an audiophile has an expensive headphone or speaker setup, and he says some average speakers are inferior...well...guess what...they are. I've never seen an audiophile go into a thread and say "BUWHAHAHA THOSE LOGITECHS SUCK $500000 SETUPS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO".

i have seen that countless times

more what i am trying to say is that yes Logitech's bass is boomy, but imo that is great for games. and it realy doesnt happen here much, thanks to you guys having a bit of maturity in you, but i see "audiophiles" going around flaming other people becuase they dont want to either spend the money, or they dont see the point of better systems

Eh, you can pick up a refurbished pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.1's for like $60 shipped. I'd prefer those as opposed to any Logitech speakers...I tend to think their subwoofers are way too boomy and muddy.

Emon said:

ridiculing some individual's choices never really helps anything. i would rather them buy what they think is good and later hear somthing of a higher quality at a freind's place or at a show room in a local electronics store. take me for example.....i bought a set of logitech, antec lansing, telex, and creative computer speakers before moving on to HT equipment.

well, im not an audiophile, but i am by no means deaf, and my Z-640's sound nice to me. Yeah, i find to bass a bit much when its cranked, but thats why there is a dial. For music i turn it down, for games i turn it up.

Back