• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x6800GTs on one board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitebloodcell

Gigabyte have released another one of their dual GPUs on one board cards.

herel

I was intrigued. Do you need to have a Gigabyte board to use these? Do you need an SLi board? Do normal Watercooling Blocks fit these, or would you need a special one? Would these overclock aswell as 2x Single 6800GTs?

i saw that asus did this too. 2 gpus = 2 seperate waterblocks or one big home made one. they should overclock decently, but not as well as 2 in sli. and i think you need an sli mobo to use that card. all i hafta say about it is, the heat will rival the new p4 smithfield.

I can't see the point of getting one if you need to have an SLi board, you are paying for something you dont really use then. Itd be perfect if this card worked in an NF4 Ultra Board though.

mmmm 4x6800gts on one board...thatd be damn tasty :D and damn expensive ;)

that would be damn big! that gpu alone, it would punch a harddrive in the face in a full server case! haha. it would put out loads of heat too. youd need like, 4 waterblocks to cool that, and i doubt they could make a cooler that would take it on.

Back