• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TT120

For those of you that started folding for cowanrg last Sunday, it's time to switch over to Dunga Bee tonight. It is spelled with the caps as well.

Does anybody know why there would be these 2 entries? They both appear to be exactly the same.

23995 Dunga Bee (www.overclockers.com) 115 7 1

41173 Dunga Bee (www.overclockers.com) 35 16 11

TT120 said:
For those of you that started folding for cowanrg last Sunday, it's time to switch over to Dunga Bee tonight. It is spelled with the caps as well.

Does anybody know why there would be these 2 entries? They both appear to be exactly the same.

Those two entries look strange, don´t know what it could be...

The entry that accounts for the highest number of units, 115 units at the time of this post, has 13 spaces after the ")". You have to do search for Dunga Bee in the Stanford stats and then view source to see how the entry has been coded.

howieh said:
The entry that accounts for the highest number of units, 115 units at the time of this post, has 13 spaces after the ")". You have to do search for Dunga Bee in the Stanford stats and then view source to see how the entry has been coded.

You beat me to it! :D Did the same thing and found the spaces in the html source.

How?

How could that have happened or better, how can I fix it? Does that mean I put a TAB in after I typed my name?

I'd hate to lose all those WU's.

Hi Dunga Bee. If it is your client that is like that then you can check your client.cfg.
Just after (www.overclockers.com) hit ctrl-shift and the right arrow and your text editor should start highlighting the spaces. Not sure if they all do that though.
It could have been that you hit the tab once or twice to create that effect.

OK. I just check notepad and it had separators between the various entries and a whole row of spaces should show up easily. BTW. Has anyone else used wordpad and noticed that it screws up the client.cfg?

Uggghhh

Well, the Gods of Folding have frowned upon me today.

My CFG file on my T-bird 1.4 did has a bunch of spaces after the last ")". So, I have changed that to be just:

Dunga Bee (www.overclockers.com)

No spaces after. One space between the Dunga and the Bee and one between the Bee and the (

Unfortunately, I lose the 100+ WU I had, but with all you helping me for a few days, that'll be back in no time.

Plus, I just OC'ed my 1.4 the whole way to 1.463, so that should REALLY get things cranking...:D

Hey, at least it's OC'd (my first time)...baby steps...

Thanks again everyone...

Re: Uggghhh

Dunga Bee said:
Well, the Gods of Folding have frowned upon me today.

My CFG file on my T-bird 1.4 did has a bunch of spaces after the last ")". So, I have changed that to be just:

Dunga Bee (www.overclockers.com)

No spaces after. One space between the Dunga and the Bee and one between the Bee and the (

Unfortunately, I lose the 100+ WU I had, but with all you helping me for a few days, that'll be back in no time.

Plus, I just OC'ed my 1.4 the whole way to 1.463, so that should REALLY get things cranking...:D

Hey, at least it's OC'd (my first time)...baby steps...

Thanks again everyone...

I don't think you'll lose the 100+ that have already been recorded. Stanford takes all names that are identical, irrespective of spaces and punctuation, and adds them together for your total. I have 2 accounts too, because of a similar problem, and they continue to carry forward:

T. J. (www.overclockers.com) 1521 11758 186
T. J. (www.overclockers.com) 380 38174 2411

The only thing you might lose is any work in progress that hadn't been uploaded when you changed your config.

Congrats on your first overclock. The two in my sig are my first attempts, and doing fine.
By the way, I've moved one of my folders over to help you out.

TT120 said:

I noticed the same thing with SpeeDj today and he has mega units on both??????

Thought so. Already did. We have a similar situation with TOMATOMAN that we had with Dunga Bee. There is a space after the team name.

Re: Re: Time to switch

JetMech said:
I noticed the same thing with SpeeDj today and he has mega units on both??????

Thats from the old multiple client trick. Where you had to put the pound sign in, some of my clients are #2 and some of them are Just plain ole SpeeDj. Just haven't got around to changing them yet since Statsman combines them both to make one user name with all of my Numbers.

And I thought I wasn't loved anymore =)

J

Ploaf said:
Thought so. Already did. We have a similar situation with TOMATOMAN that we had with Dunga Bee. There is a space after the team name.
yep, I saw that too. I am responsible for the lowercase one in there but I have corrected it. The first entry here has a space after the team name.

34999 TOMATOMAN (www.overclockers.com) 90 9 3

49321 tomatoman (www.overclockers.com) 10 1 3

49811 TOMATOMAN (www.overclockers.com) 10 1 1

That's how he had set his up so I went ahead and did the same. Actually I just copied and pasted directly from the stanford site which made it come out exactly the same.

Back