• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone had any success with eist tool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hawtrawkr

just dled this and i have to wait till i can go home for lunch to see how it works. just curious if people have had success with using the multis other than 14x or the chips default multi. really wanting to use a 16 or 17x multi on my 660 to see what i can do with faster bus speeds

well i played with it for a bit when i went home for lunch got the 17x multi working for 5.27ghz @ 308x17 will have to do some bench runs when i get a free moment to see what the extra 20mhz fsb gets me

Is this eist a setting in the bios(I'm not sure if I have seen it in my bios) or a seperate tool from Intel, because I have a 650 and I would love to run 1066FSB.<<<<<---------------------DISREGARD THAT COMMENT, I WAS NOT USING MY BRAIN.

I am using it now, but when I was making my way up to my final OC I did not use it, when I decided I wanted to run 24/7 at 4.046ghz(my target, not max though) I enabled it and when the CPU is idle it switches the multi; effectively lowering the clock down to like 3.392ghz or something in that area. Then when the CPU is under load it switches the multi back and returns to 4.046ghz..... Will post some screenies.

Last edited:
hawtrawkr said:
just dled this and i have to wait till i can go home for lunch to see how it works. just curious if people have had success with using the multis other than 14x or the chips default multi. really wanting to use a 16 or 17x multi on my 660 to see what i can do with faster bus speeds

Didn't let me pick anything other than 14x on my 660.

Let me pick 14/15/16 on my 640.

Its a software app.

ESIT in the BIOS lets the CPU drop to 14x when idle. Thats not what you want.

{PMS}fishy said:
Its a software app.

ESIT in the BIOS lets the CPU drop to 14x when idle. Thats not what you want.

Ahh icc.

I downloaded that EIST tool and I can change the multi on my 650 to 14x 15x 16x 17x. Pretty neat, I guess I will mess with it more tomorrow it's time for bed!

To clear up any confusion: D/L LINK TO EIST TOOL

It's a Windows s/w app developed by Franck Delattre, the developer of CPU-Z. He posts at XS sometimes. As of ~6 weeks ago, he posted the tool was OK to use, but still in development. That may be why I still can't find it as a Released App at the CPUID CPU-Z site (unless I missed it).

+++

Gives me 14, 15, & 16, multis on my 640 riding an Asus P5P800. Seems to work fine for me. But I haven't been able thoroughly test it 'cuz ClockGen doesn't support my PLL, and I haven't found another soft clock proggy for this board.

Strat

if you boot up with your low end multi you cant enable the other multis (least from what ive been able to ascertain) when i boot up with 18x multi even with eist disabled in the bios i can select from 14/15/16/17 and of course 18. so far its been great because i can run @ 310 x 17 instead of 290 x 18 still have some more playing to do but even being a software only tool its great to have access to those other multis without an es chip.

Stratcat said:
^^^

Ha...another insomniac, eh? :cool:

Re: EIST Disabled In BIOS - IMO, the only way to fly. One less thing to worry about.

Strat

i was actually asleep but i woke up for some reason and what better time to post than 2:30am (lol i usually see sucka on around this time but hes got a west coast excuse)

ive always disabled the eist and the cce1 function and all that crap. I usually have everything just running one speed so i dont have to worry about it like you mentioned. after playing with this eist tool im glad they have the feature to exploit though :p

Back