• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i did it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shrinkydinx

finally passed the terabyte mark
bigthumb.gif

2x250 sata RAID-0

1x250

1x300

Last edited:
music videos, tv episodes (ripped @ 1650+128), and a few choice DVDs.

i have a lot of empty space because i deleted a bunch of tv episodes that i ripped a long time ago at 1250+128 that i need to re-rip

No terabyte here ... but Iam adding another 2X250 in RAID just for movies .

Now-a-days space goes quickly with all the types of files peeps hold on there pc's . I never thought I'd go through 160gigs at one time , but it was no problem later down the road . I'll have 3/4 terebyte once my other drives are installed should be good enough for me .

Congrats on the terabyte .... :cool:

You're almost there. You've passed the 1 terabyte mark as measured by the drive manufacturers (i.e. 1,000,000,000 bytes per gigabyte) but you're just shy of the 1 Tebibyte line (base of 1024 rather than 1000). Just get another 40 GB drive and you'll be set.

I thought I read in MaximumPC that the Drive Manufacturers were sueing to make everyone read Drives as they do. (i.e. 1,000,000,000 bytes per gigabyte) Maybe I dreamed it up? It may have been theInquirer.com.

David Coleman said:
my first hard drive was 10 megs...with stacker on it that zipped the entire drive so it could store up to 20megs. and we couldn't fill it back then.... :)
Holy *****!!! Was it before US declaration for independence?? :p :p :)

you guys are good... i ahve 2 80gb hd's and i'm about 75% to filling them. do i smell a 250gb drive in my future? :p

Back