• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLER MASTER Universal VGA CARD COOLER at SVC for $5.49

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe that it won't work on the 6800s, but you said 6XXX, meaning that would include the 6200s and the 6600s as well.

I got one of these from a local shop for $15, and although the instructions are kinda iffy, if you have basic mechanical skills, you can handle it. Took me about 30 minutes to install, including grinding out a section to fit around a power connector. It definitely keeps my card a lot cooler at load then the stock one.

g0dM@n said:
I believe that it won't work on the 6800s, but you said 6XXX, meaning that would include the 6200s and the 6600s as well.
Cooler Master just emailed me back. It won't work with a 6600GT. Not sure about other cards. The issue is that the 6600GT has two chips that need to be cooled, and the smaller block, which goes on the front of the card, won't cover the 2nd chip.

g0dM@n said:

ok, i've check and it seems that the issue is iffy and only the 6600GT is certaint that it wont work, you can try and let us know if it works, i don't wanna risk it because i know the 6XXX series changed the card's physcial features since the 5XXX series. And also the AGP version and PCI-E version is different physically, i heard they fit the PCI-E version but not he AGP 6600GT, but again, i do not have the card to test it out. If some one is willing to test it out and let us know it'll be great (BTW, different card manufacture have different setup for the cards, that might be a problem too, so the bottom line is, if it's this cheap (about 10 dollar shippped), then maybe you guys should just buy one for the heck of it).

PS: testing these sinks might be a pain though, it takes along time to install :) i've swap my sink out of a few cards, and i'll tell you that it's a pain in the ### to install these things, the scews are small, and the alignment are also hard if you don't have steady hands, the funny part is that once you put everything together you'll think "oh sh##, i don't know if the sink really made contact to the GPU or not lol"

Installing this thing was a pain. Instructions suck, you have to go by the pictures more than anything else, but I would expect anyone here to be able to do that. It feels kinda flimsy to me but I didn't tighten up all the screws all the way, so it is probably my fault. I don't know how well it works but I have been having fewer problems with my 9600 since installing it.

Overall I think it was probably worth it.

Cooler Master told me their water cooler is their only VGA cooler that will work with the 6600GT. If it matters, I have the AGP Chaintech 6600GT. It was apparent when I looked at it that the CoolViva design would not work with my card.

theMonster said:
I saw that review as well before buying it, but look at this: Page 3 of that review

One says 375mhz and the other says 381mhz. Then on the last page it claims that it was a 106mhz OC, when according to the chart it was a 6mhz OC. Which do you think was a typo, the chart or the conclusion? I'm hoping it was the chart. That just makes the review less worthy...

g0dM@n said:
I saw that review as well before buying it, but look at this: Page 3 of that review

One says 375mhz and the other says 381mhz. Then on the last page it claims that it was a 106mhz OC, when according to the chart it was a 6mhz OC. Which do you think was a typo, the chart or the conclusion? I'm hoping it was the chart. That just makes the review less worthy...

The review is correct, you just read it wrong :) Look again, and you will see the Default is 275 MHz, while 375 MHz is the maximum overclock with the stock cooler. So it's 6 MHz better than the stock cooler, which is a 106 MHz overclock.

I dunno about other cards, but the top block covers two of the ram modulkes on my 9600XT. I also dunno if the clearance is there to run these underneath the massive aluminum blocks.

Still, it's a great deal on ramsinks.

i don't think those are ramsinks, they are only slightly bigger than 1cm square, which is pretty small. Maybe 2 side by side might work.

EDIT: measured the RAM on my video card and it is approximately 2x1 cm, so yeah two of those side by side should work.

Back