• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COOLER MASTER Universal VGA CARD COOLER at SVC for $5.49

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
COOLER MASTER VHC-L61-U1 COOL VIVA VGA CARD COOLER

I just bought five shipped to me for $43.44. I think six was like $52.xx, and one was like $10.xx. I couldn't resist b/c it was so cheap. I'm sure I'll find family/friends/customers that will be interested eventually.

Just choose SUPER SAVER SHIPPING in the shipping options. It's the cheapest and takes almost a week, sometimes less.

Did you get any? Dude, the cheapest I saw it was for $13.99 plus ship, and then it's like $16.99 at Xioxide and $19.99 at newegg.

I got one of these from them. I installed it and it seemed to me as though it was a little strange, not really a good fit. It seemed to cool down my video card though.

Yeah, I read that it was hard to install, but come on for $5.49?

it's the same design as my zalman ZR60, just 1 less heatpipe and smaller fan (mine uses any fan size i desire, this one seems to be a fix 60mm) i paid 30 for mine, for 5 bucks this thing is a killer deal. Mine also comes with ramsink but again this is only 5 bucks. All this stuff impliment heatpipe technology, they basicly stick a slap of square cooper on the GPU, the copper is connected to a heatpipe, the heatpipe is then connected to 2 slab of gigantic cooper with fins and everything, so the way to mount this is to get a good contact between the GPU and the 1st piece of cooper, then get good contact @ the heatpipe, and it should be a really good cooler.

I got one of these a couple weeks ago for $7.50 from SVC. The manual stinks, IMO. It's just not very clear about how I would install it on a 6600GT, which is my new video card. I have an email to Cooler Master asking them if, in fact, I can use it on my video card.

BTW, if you order this cooler, you may want to use Arctic Silver on the GPU (and any other relevant chips), and use Ceramique on the heat pipe/heat sink connection area. The cooler includes thermal goo, but it looks pretty nasty.

yeah, I actually got one of these from them for like 6.99 last week. They were selling 80mm green fans for a dollar fifty, and a fan controller for like.. i dunno. Shipped, with the cooler, 5 fans, and the cooler master fan controller, was 29.95..so it was nice.

Yeah though, I'm also wondering how well this cooler works..and I haven't even tried to put it on yet, because it looks hella complicated, and the instructions do suck...that, and my cpu is the bottleneck of my gaming right now

but check this out, http://www.ap0calypse.com/showthread.php?t=1283 it's kinda like a how to install/review thing on it.. might help some of you, but I'm still afraid to fool around with it heh

The problem with the 6600GT (I think) is that it has two chips on the front of the card that needs to be cooled and the GPU block only covers the GPU; the larger block is installed on the backside.

Does anybody knows if it will work on the Geforce 5800 ULTRA? the stock fan/HS its too loud... would this HS be enough to cool it? It gets pretty hot

Gessfk said:
http://www.ap0calypse.com/showthread.php?t=1283 it's kinda like a how to install/review thing on it.. might help some of you, but I'm still afraid to fool around with it heh
At the end of the article it shows the pro's and con's off the system.

CONS
- Does not perform quite as well as other coolers in active mode

is that not when you want it to be effective. also i have a 9700pro will this thing fit.

this stuff will fit any card except for the new 6XXX and the 800XT and new stuff, from 9800pro or 5900 to below it'll fit.

You're saying it doesn't work on the 6XXX? I thought it works with the 6200 and 6600, tho.

lol the shipping costs more than the item lol
UPS Ground

6.73*

but i may need a couple for mine and a friends 9700 pro so i think i may invest..

got 2..
the website u gave for instructions, show mosfets on the chips,, im guessing they dont supply with them?

Last edited:
g0dM@n said:
You're saying it doesn't work on the 6XXX? I thought it works with the 6200 and 6600, tho.

let me go check, according to zalman tech support it doesn't, i emailed them a while ago about this, it has something to do with the core's location on the card. it will deffinitely not fit the 6800GT without some serious modding.

Back