• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 560 (ES) won't "Lock", help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busta`

Hey guys, I have just obtained 2 P4 560's to try out on my ASUS P5AD2-E Premium mobo. In the BIOS, I am able to set CPU LockFree on these settings:

Auto = 18x
Disabled = 18x
Enabled = 14x

The problem I am having is that no matter what I set this setting to, the CPU won't leave the unlocked multiplier of 14x, so I'm running 14x200 = 2800MHz instead of 18x200 = 3600MHz. In CPU-Z, it shows that an 18x multiplier is available for use on my processor, but for some reason I can't figure out how to use it through the BIOS. Is there any external application that will let me set my multiplier? Or is there another way to do it through the BIOS?

CPU-Z ScreenShot: http://img126.echo.cx/my.php?image=cpu28096pp.jpg

Thank you

I have no idea, it's set for Auto in the BIOS. By the way, I have the latest BIOS revision for my board.

Asus mobos tend to overvolt at idle.

So, are the multiplier choices "grayed out"? You might need to change the CPU clock speed (or whatever Asus calls it) to "user define" before you can unlock the settings.

d94 said:
very strange indeed....
btw - why is your voltage @ 1.55?

that could be cpu-z reading the 775 cpu wrong as well. all my lga cpus have read @ 1.50v no matter what voltage i throw at them. i have to use abits utility to correctly read the vcore but that could be an abit thing maybe :shrug:

This could be eist... load the CPU then look at cpu-z, what multi is it then? The 6xxx series cpu's have speedstep, so at idle they will backdown to 14x multi, perhaps the cpu's you have have this too.

Nope, it's not speedstep. I ran Prime95 on torture test and monitored the FSB and Multiplier with CPU-Z and it didn't budge.

Is there a way that I can manually enter a multiplier? Through the BIOS or through Windows?

I know in the bios for my P5AD2-E there is a option to run the CPU at Maximum(stays at default multi(17x for me)), Minimum(multi stays at 14x) or Automatic(the OS controls freq depending on load.

Edit: With my P5AD2-E CPU-Z reads vcore high(1.5v+).

Yes, I am aware of that. The options are Auto/Disable/Enable. Auto and Disable are supposed to give me an 18x multiplier while Enable gives me a 14x multiplier. However, no matter what I set the feature to, it stays at 14x.

Ok well guys, I don't have the time to deal with these processors because I need a computer up and running shortly. I've ordered a P4 640 from NewEgg to replace this.

If anyone is interested, I am looking to sell these 2 processors VERY cheap, PM me if you think you might want one, or both ;)

ßùStä· said:
Ok well guys, I don't have the time to deal with these processors because I need a computer up and running shortly. I've ordered a P4 640 from NewEgg to replace this.

If anyone is interested, I am looking to sell these 2 processors VERY cheap, PM me if you think you might want one, or both ;)

YGPM.

ßùStä· said:
damn, those sold faster than i thought...

I was all over that.

I have been looking for ES CPUs for some time now.

Hope I have better luck.

jack222 said:
I PMed him right after you.

Curse you!!!!

:p

Nah, I used AIM. Much faster than a PM.

Anywas, I hope to have these unlock for me on my ABIT. Otherwise you know where to find them.

Back