• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet case and PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

I am building another computer for my neighbors.
Its going to be a Nforce2 chipset (32bit stuff =p)
I have an Xaser III + 92mm fan on slk 900u and its loud + trueblue 480w

What is a good quiet case with good airflow. 120mm fans possibly? and what is a good, QUIET psu for this. for reference, IMO the trueblue 480w is not quiet (at least mine isnt =\)

I love my setup, the Silverstone case w/ dual 120mm's, and my OCZ Powerstream. I have a 120mm Panaflo on an XP-120 and still can hardly hear anything.

realtadiquantu said:
I am building another computer for my neighbors.
Its going to be a Nforce2 chipset (32bit stuff =p)
I have an Xaser III + 92mm fan on slk 900u and its loud + trueblue 480w

What is a good quiet case with good airflow. 120mm fans possibly? and what is a good, QUIET psu for this. for reference, IMO the trueblue 480w is not quiet (at least mine isnt =\)
For a cheap solution go with the Antec SLK3000B (dual 120mm fans) for about $50 shipped, and a Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu (or AlCu) for about $45 shipped. The Fortron Blue Storm 500W PSU seems to be relatively quiet for me, though you should check out silentpcreview.com for more info.

Antec Sonata + Seasonic PSU + Zalman CNPS7700 HSF+ Arctic cooling VGA Silencer = 1 really quiet system

Back