• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700+ clawhammer worth getting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoshpop

I saw a website with the price of the socket 754 3700+ for only $220 and I have been wanting to upgrade to an A64 cpu for a while. For this price is it worth getting? or should I pass it up and get a venice in a month or so?

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forums....

before you buy a 754, keep in mind it's a dying platform. Not dead yet but hardly as much life as 939 setup.

Thanks! Yea I realize I won't be able to upgrade to anything better, however I don't plan on upgrading for atleast another 1/1.5 year(s) if I do get this. Would a 3000+ venice oc'd to ~2.5/2.6GHz be faster and a better deal?

i see this question asked a lot.

why are so many people honestly considering doing a 754 setup? with computers, you cant skimp on the latest techology. only a little...meaning...not everyone go out and buy FX55s, 2gigs of RAM and the hottest video card.

but seriously =)

Back