• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2005fpw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This monitor looks pretty sweet for that price. But I have the feeling that the ghosting will bother me.

I recently bought the 2005fpw. Got it for $397 with stackable coupons and free shipping. So far, I've played Half Life 2, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, BF1942, and FarCry on it with no apparent ghosting. It's been an awesome monitor so far. Once you go widescreen, you'll never look back. Dell is famous for their incentives and sales. Be patient, they'll drop the price again soon, especially since they're pimping the 24" widescreen now (2405 I think).

i just got my 2005fpw today, very nice I like it a lot so far. i notice one dead pixel on white and one and red for backgrounds. it doesn't both me since its not in the center.

ya i don't have the back light problem on mine just the 1 noticeable dead pixel and the other one i don't really notice at all since its on red background and i don't use red for anything.

Super Nintendo said:
ya i don't have the back light problem on mine just the 1 noticeable dead pixel and the other one i don't really notice at all since its on red background and i don't use red for anything.

Post pics to show everyone.

I think they had a revision that elminiated the backlight issue, I remember reading that somewhere, but I don't remember where.

If possible, please take a bigger picture with completely dark background.

You can download "Dead Pixel Buddy" which can set the entire screen dark. Turn off all the lights in the room and take a picture of the dark screen.

What revision should have fixed the back light problem?

Mine is rev A02, manufactured in May 2005, but still have very noticeable back light problems (three big area).

thumb_IMG_0113.JPG

thumb_IMG_0115.JPG

http://computerocforums.com/image/albums/userpics/10014/normal_IMG_0115.JPG

here they are

Last edited:
Back