• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with my mem plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demighost

hi, i just recently decided to do some upgrading on my comp. I bought a new video card and some ram. I am still new to adding this but im sure i did it right. first i decided to put my new ram in i bought a ocz value ram with the same latency/speed/and size of my current kingston ram. both are pc3200/cas 3/512mb/unbuffered/nonecc. the problem is when i put the new stick of ram in the computer i started getting random reboots and errors. the 2 errors i kepy recieving were bad_pool_caller and a page fault in non paged area. I have no idea what these are. so i reinstalled windows w/ the original stick. everything went fine and put new ram in again, i got the same results. Im really clueless to what is going on. here are my current pc specs if it helps to know:
athon64 2800+
asus nforce3(k8n-e deluxe)
512ram(trying to expand to 1gb)
450 watt power supply
160 gb western digital hd
i do have a question that could be a problem yet idunno. im pretty sure the timings on the sticks of ram are diff. could that be a pos problem? if you guys need anymore info on anything about my pc just ask.

little update while playing around i put in ram again an ran cpu-z. I clicked on memory. it recognizes the 1024mb of ram. But it says channels#single. shouldnt i be in dual channel? ifso how do i go about unlocking this?

Back