• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Problem]Keyboard.. Not being recognized?[Motherboard?]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yojimbo

Edit: I might of posted this in the wrong section. move it as you please.

Sorry for this being my first post but I need to see if anyone can help me answer this. I just had all my parts for my new computer ordered (and here is everything i ordered http://members.cox.net/seiferxi/WishDetail.htm ) The problem is I hooked everything up correctly but when i start it up it recognizes the keyboard for a second ( i can tell its being recognized because the numlock flashes etc) and then when I get to a certain point it flashes again and that is it. Without my keyboard being able to be used I can't get into bios to make it read my cd drive first to install Windows XP.

filebin9et5ty.jpg
This is what it shows at startup of the computer.. The keyboard flashes but then turns off like its not recognized anymore.

filebin25oq0my.jpg
After startup has loaded(takes a second or so) this screen shows. The keyboard flashes again like its being recognized but then immeadiately the lights go off again.

I have tried 3 different keyboards in the end which none of them worked. They were all using ps2 not USB. Heres some pictures of the inside of my case.

im0002272mf.jpg
Whole cpu
im0002284ml.jpg
Where main power is.
im0002295qw.jpg
Half of the cpu
im0002312bq.jpg
Main power/hdd
im0002339gu.jpg
Cables

SavageBasher said:
Your cables are a mess. Try another keyboard.
I've tried 3 keyboards to which they are all recognized then do not work.

Captain Slug said:
1. See if it will boot without a keyboard plugged in
2. Try resetting the CMOS
Tried.. Still goes to the lanparty picture
Tried reseting cmos earlier did nothing

1 beep, 2 beep, red beep, blue beep?

Post code, the sound that comes out of that little speaker, which you normally match up to the chart in the manual.

SavageBasher said:
1 beep, 2 beep, red beep, blue beep?

Post code, the sound that comes out of that little speaker, which you normally match up to the chart in the manual.
there is no post code

At this point I would suspect a bad mobo. If you have a USB keyboard give it a shot and see if it works. Will the system boot fine without the keyboard plugged in? If it boots fine with no keyboard there is something bad in the PS2 port. If it doesn't boot without the keyboard plugged in the problem lies elsewhere. If you have some extra RAM lying around you may want to give that a shot. Good luck :)

Its not a matter of intelligence, its a matter of how well your brain is working. I've made myself look quite the idiot before.... :rolleyes:

Well I tried a USB keyboard did not work, I even had someone I know who is a tech that came over and he said its the motherboard.. So im sending it back for a replacement.

Does the CPU have proper cooling? Thats one thing I missed untill I was taking a shower this morning.... Often if the cpu is overheating and becoming unstable no matter where you are it will lock up.

sunrunner20 said:
Does the CPU have proper cooling? Thats one thing I missed untill I was taking a shower this morning.... Often if the cpu is overheating and becoming unstable no matter where you are it will lock up.
Yes.. its getting cooled.. Using a thermaltake heatsink(as you can see if you check my wishdetail) and the case has 2 120mm fans.. so

Back