• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you do with your pentium classic system ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No pent's left at my house. Oldest PC I have is my PII 400mhz that is used as a file server. I ditched all my Pentiums about a year ago. Had too many of them and not enough time to do anything with them. Just picked up a PIII to replace my fileserver.

Don't have a Pentium systems but when i get a hold of an older rig its going to be used as a gateway/proxy/cache/firewall :D

Hmm, my first computer was an AMD K6 450 (Compaq Presario 5440, the reason why I wouldn't do my life all over again), I'll shut up now.

We gave our old 133 to my grandparents, though I think they are a bit scared to use it, so it just sits there... :shrug:

lincolnompa said:
Hmm, my first computer was an AMD K6 450 (Compaq Presario 5440, the reason why I wouldn't do my life all over again), I'll shut up now.

Speaking of first PC's....Mine was an IBM ps/1 386 sx 25Mhz with 2 Megs of ram on the MB. I purchased a 2MB upgrade chip for it and thought I was all that cause I had 4 Megs of memory to go along with my 40 MB hard drive. BTW...the memory chip was $200. Talk about times changing...

gave it to this guy who couldn't afford a pc
all other pentiums i get, i steal any fans in 'em then trash 'em
oh, i also take the heatsinks off the procs ;)

Back