• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 733 OC Noob Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maelstromracing

Ok,
My wife has an el cheap computer (until my processors come in for my dualie board then she gets my old rig) nad it is an Pentium 3 733 Chip. (I'm an AMD kinda guy). The board only allows 66/100/133 FSB and it is hard wired/soldered at 133 (matches chip, woot!). Now I can play only play with the multipliers. What's about the max multiplier that one of these archaic chips can go? We went from 5.5 to 7 last night to get some extra performance so she could play Unreal ][ a bit better. What would be the multiplier I wouldn't wanna go above? Thanks!!!

Unfortunatly for you, Intels multipliers are locked, so no matter what you change them to, the speed will stay the same.

You *might* be able to use a piece of software called CPUFSB to change the FSB within windows above 133, but thats iffy at best.

those intel bastages! Thanks! I guess I need to hold out until my new CPUs show up in the mail. Her old rig will now be the music/video server. Thanks!!!

Back