• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

via apollo pro266T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majesticdiviner

Registered
Which board manufacturer has the best mobo incorperating this chipset?
I'm looking for a new mobo, but don't know which would be best, scalability is the key here.

Iwill

Guys,

I have one.. it's a Iwill DVD266u-rn ...It's rocks..totally and competely. Other than a little Integrated NIC SNAFU in the engineering versions I have heard of no problems...even the 5 channel (or is it 6?) hardware audio is decent (not great but decent, good enough for MP3s and games)!! I love this board!! And this chipset and this company.

-Gabertooth

is there any revisions that do not include all the extras like audio, nic etc, I need a base board, <I have all the extras already>.
Are the IWills that good? I've stayed with ASUS for a long time now and am used to the BIOS on them, unfortunatley the only board that comes close to the via apollo is the tua266, wich uses the ALi alladin pro chipset, which I have heared nothing good about.
I need the kind of flexability these boards offer, but I need a good manufacturer too.

Iwill

SMP guys,

I'm still a staunch Asus fan..I'm not recommeding all of the Iwill boards (because I've only tried this one) but they do review well and this board is really really good. If you use high quality memory it is a great OCer. The only Tualatin compatible revision with the DVD266u-rn with decent sound (not great, decent enought for MP3s and gaming). The RAID is a HP370 which is a good controller..And the LAN is nothing to sniff at. The non Tualatin baord just have integrated sound (of the crapper variety and RAID)

-Gabertooth

Last edited:
DVD266u-rn

SMP guys,

I got mine from a guy I know here in the states..he has wholesale connections.

-Gabertooth

p.s. if you want one I can arrange it just email me.

Re: DVD266u-rn

Gabertooth said:
SMP guys,

I got mine from a guy I know here in the states..he has wholesale connections.

-Gabertooth

p.s. if you want one I can arrange it just email me.

Hey, Gabertooth, where can I contact you?

Back