• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one to get....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Teg

How are you all doin? Well, I am making the upgrade to a AMD DDR system from a Intel P3 800eb on a CUV4Xe. Not your ideal overclocking setup.

Anyways, I have my eyes on the Abit KG7 Raid and the Giga-byte 7DXR for the motherboard. Any suggestions? I am really torn on this one. One has that sweet dual bios setup, the other has the sweet SoftMenu III. Both perform equally.

RAM is most definately going to be 256 MB of Crucial PC2100 2.5CAS DDR goodness....

For the CPU, I am torn between the Athlon 1.4 or the 1.33. I believe, but am not positive, that they both have the AYHJA core. The 1.33 comes with a great GlobalWin HSF, while the 1.4 comes with a mediocre CoolerMaster HSF.

My idea is to build an ideal overclocking, all-around good performer. Price isn't a major concern. In other words, if it is worth the extra doe, I will buy it instead.

Lemme know what you think, ladies and gentlemen

I am still upset with Gigabyte for not returning my emails. They also are not the most overclocker friendly. I have the Abit KT7A-RAID and love it. Abit also returned a "test" email I sent them before I bought.

I did not look at the features of the boards, but there is my opinion of the companies.

Welcome to the forums, Teg! You'll find this to be a very friendly place to hang. :)

We do post by topic here, because you'll actually get more help that way. So I'm moving this to AMD Motherboards for ya!

Just wanted to Welcome you Teg to the forums. I like Ridenow have a ABIT KT7A and love it. I have talked with there technical support and have had a positive and very fun experience with there mobo and IMHO would buy from them again very soon,

Maestro

At this stage I'd look at the KT266a board. The Epox and the Shuttle have just shown up on pricewatch. At 94 bucks, I don't see how you can go wrong with the shuttle.

nihili

Thanks guys

I am pretty sure that I am going to get the Abit. Seems like a solid board.

Sorry about posting in the wrong board.....dummy me...

anyways, that settles that, but what about the CPU? I am stuck here. I don't think that there will be any performance difference betweent he two, and the 1.33 is guarantied to be an AYHJA core.

But I could be wrong.

Back