• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone confirm this is a Lian Li case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

Can anyone confirm this is a Lian Li case? It has a Lian Li Badge but its the stick on kind.. and looks like one.. But how can i tell for sure?

Thanks for all the help

*edit* replacement photos for top 2 pics will come tommorwow.. took pic at work and dient really look at em before i posted.. musta been outta focus

Last edited:
It's hard to tell with those pictures but...I have noticed that Lian-Li cases don't have an indentation for sliding off the slides. That one does. In the picture of the inside of the case, the bottom hard drive bay seems to be missing the top piece of metal which I have noticed with the cheaper replica models. The front bezel looks identical to the older pc-60s that have that raised piece of metal where the power/reset buttons are. That's what I could tell, please correct me if I'm wrong.

looks like the old version of the pc60 (the new one doesnt have a raised area around the buttons)...why are the pictures so bad? what are they hiding?

Viper2004 said:
...the bottom hard drive bay seems to be missing the top piece of metal which I have noticed with the cheaper replica models.

That's how a lot of the Lian Li cases are, the top metals always missing for some reason.

I'm positive that one is a Lian Li case. The inside looks exactly like my Lian Li case and the front fan vents like the Lian Li cases I've seen on Newegg. The front ports door and the beige sleeved cables for all the front ports are just like mine. If I can see this correctly, there's also a small white plastic strip guarding the aluminum plate by the PSU, just like on my case. The Lian Li logo looks like it is etched and painted in, not some sticker. This is definitly a work of Lian Li.

Im not sure why the top 2 came out so bad.... ??

Ill take new ones tommorow and replace them

So there are no serial codes or etched numbers inside or somewhere that i could use to identify...

Let me also add that i have no reason to think its not.. its just one of the cases lieing around my work (computer repair shop) and i was thinking of taking off my boss's hands. He prob wont want more than 20 or 30 bucks for it cause he knows i love computers and he doesent want it. The company is closing and he is liguidating his inventory... he said he would give us employes first dibs and killer deals :)

No doubt its ap PC-60, notice the thumbscrew style, protective strip on the inside, and the front panal ribon cable. That is a Lian Li.

ok.. ill guess ill grab it then... be nice to say i have a lian :)

30 bucks is prob a nice deal anyways :)

Watch out cause it might be one of the Koolance cases which look exactly same as PC-60. This is the water cooled version, but the regular ones look just like PC-60. Either way its a good case :D

Attachments

• koolance-pc426-case-b-3.jpg
    koolance-pc426-case-b-3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 329
RedDragonXXX said:
Watch out cause it might be one of the Koolance cases which look exactly same as PC-60. This is the water cooled version, but the regular ones look just like PC-60. Either way its a good case :D

A dead give away is the square MB mounting holes on the Lian Li.

The coolmasters all use traditional round threaded holes for studs.

Back