• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP650 v.s. MCP655? Difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

Hi-

I just ordered a MCP655 from another website, as even stated by the included invoice, but the sticker on the pump reads mcp650. Are they the same pump? What are the differences? Should I try and get the correct model? Thank you for the help.

CreeP

p.s. I searched swiftech but couldn't find the mcp650. Could it just be a typo?

the mcp655 is an updated version, performs better, is quieter, and has a adjustable knob for rpms. i would get a replacement and if possible make them pay the shipping.

more info
clicky
clicky #2

Yes, send it back for the 655. They are very different pumps in terms of noise and performance, and the 655 wins over the 650.

What color is the plastic body (not the large ring) on your pump? MCP655 has a black body, and the MCP650's have a blue body.

Does your pump have a little red dial on the back of it?

If it doesn't have those characteristics, it is most likely the older MCP650, and you should send it back and ask them to ship you what you ordered.

Who did you order from? Maybe someone else has ordered from them and can confirm if they are shipping the 650 or the 655.

as stated above:
MCP650 = blue body
MCP655 = black body and red 'pot' on back

Liang mis-marked the last shipment so some MCP655s have a MCP650 label
sorry for the confusion

BillA said:
as stated above:
MCP650 = blue body
MCP655 = black body and red 'pot' on back

Liang mis-marked the last shipment so some MCP655 have a MCP650 label
sorry for the confusion

I can confirm this.. I ordered my MCP655 from sidewindercomputers and it has a MCP 650 label on it... However,

It carries the black body, the speed dial, and all the new characterisics of the new MCP655

I'll check the details when I go upstairs in a few minutes, but I ordered from crazypc.com. More to follow...

Ok it's a 655. Has the red dial, black body, and all matching specifications. Pheewww... Also, sorry for not replying sooner. I guess I somehow unsubscribed from the thread. Thanks for all of the helpful insight. :D

Hi BillA,
why aren't the MCP655's listed on Swify's website when there are resellers everywhere selling it?

If you are shipping the newer versions from Swiftech store, you might want to update the pump name just to avoid confusion.

I'm about to order a whole watercooling set from there, and would like to get the pump as well...

@Cathar

Have you finally found a perfect pump? :D

CreePinG_DeatH said:
Ok it's a 655. Has the red dial, black body, and all matching specifications. Pheewww... Also, sorry for not replying sooner. I guess I somehow unsubscribed from the thread. Thanks for all of the helpful insight. :D

yeah I just received my yesterday w/ a sticker that says 650 and w/ a marker that crossed it out written 655, but it came in a black casing w/ the red dial.

I had to confirm this as well :)

Back