• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help on my what to do with my money...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kitler

Okey, here is the deal. I have about $400 to spend, and Im not sure what to :confused:

Really do with it. At first I was thinking oh maybe like a I-pod Mini, but then I thought Oh what if I get a SonyPSP.

The down side to getting a PSP is the cost, and I also found this
PSP is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Wireless internet
connection and Memory Stick Duo™ may be required for certain functionality.
Player responsible Wi-Fi fees.

Which Led me to wonder.... What Should I do, Has anyone gotten a PSP. I was also wondering how they work... Someone Please fill me in, Either I get a I-pod mini $249, Or a PSP$349.

Psst, Why do my post always look so short...

I need something small, and the big thing here is the small Mini-ipod, The PSP does everything the I-pod does but more...

Unless you really want to play games or watch movies then skip the PSP because as a mediaplayer it sucks due to the extremely expensive memorysticks.

What do you mean?Does the actual media player suck, or the price of the memory sticks suck... If im not mistaken arn't those flash mem. Cards. And I would be watching movie's and stuff on trip's so that would also work.. Anyone one else have a review?

The PSPs use the Sony Memorysticks, duh, and they are horrendously expensive 2x-3x as much as an SD depending on the capacity. The PSP is awesome they just should've incuded a hard drive instead of their expensive memory stick flash memory

^^Agreed. Just because you have money to spend, doesn't necessarily mean you have to.
It sounds like you're just considering purchasing an Ipod Mini or a PSP just for the sake of purchasing, and you don't really need or want either.

No I need something to play music on, and The reason I would get a PSP would be for playing games and movies. Im really sawying towards PSP tho. I found one on amazon for same price as a I-pod

just get a creative/IRiver mp3 player. iPods' batteries die every few months, more maintenence.

and the PSP has a horrible price/performance ratio.

Get a Ipod Photo 30GB for 329$ at costco. I got one and believe me, it looks SOO much better in color.

If you want something to play music and watch videos get a 3600 series Ipaq with the compactflash or PCMCIA expansion pack from Ebay for around $120. If you need to you can get new batteries for them for only $20 shipped that last 12 hours, then add a 1GB compactflash card for $70. You'll have what you wanted with more user-servicable and affordable parts for around $200. The "Plus" versions of the expansion packs come with a second battery which will make your battery life ridiculously long.

If you can't make up your mind, don't spend it now.

Invest in penny stocks and make millions!!!

I just would wait til you know exactly what you want like tom said. Whatever you do, put it somewhere where you wont blow it on food!

invest in google
when they become skynet im sure they're stock will be worth, well.. they'll be worth infinite? :p

Back