• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI-DR Audigy2ZS installation problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I keep getting BSOD's when trying to install the drivers for the A2ZS. I switched slots, but get the same problem.
I don't have any of the drivers installed for the onboard audio.
Is there something that needs to be done specifically for this mobo to install my A2ZS drivers? :shrug:

Thanks IA

Despotes said:
I keep getting BSOD's when trying to install the drivers for the A2ZS. I switched slots, but get the same problem.
I don't have any of the drivers installed for the onboard audio.
Is there something that needs to be done specifically for this mobo to install my A2ZS drivers? :shrug:

Thanks IA

No, it shouldn't be hard at all. I'm running an Audigy 2 Zs, and all I did was disable the onboard in the BIOS and install my drivers. Next time you make an attempt to install, try loading optimized defaults first.

deception``

Thanks for the replies.
I had the AC97 disabled.
I reset configuration data and then tried loading optimized defaults, but nothing worked. The BSOD's are gone, but now it simply reboots when I try to install the drivers. My antivirus software was disabled too.
The drivers on the original installation CD were tried as well as the latest.
Nothing is running in my lower right toolbar when I try to install.
The card worked fine on my A7N8X Deluxe. ???

??

I was able to install the drivers, but only when I boot up and use the Found New Hardware wizard to install the drivers from the CD.
I still cannot install any updated drivers at all without getting some BSOD/Kernel Error and a reboot--Plus I can't get online(using my laptop now). I reinstalled the Nvidia LAN drivers, but still can't get a connection.??!! :shrug:
The soundcard has it's own IRQ, but 5 other devices share IRQ 20. I'm about to say screw Win2K and install XP-Pro(just got it yesterday for BF2) to see if that might fix whatever problem I'm having.(I'm trying to avoid installing XP right now because I don't feel like going through multiple reactivations) :bang head
Is XP better at device management?

Update: Back online--using the Marvell Yukon network adapter instead of Nvidia. :rolleyes:

??????!!!!!!!!??????

Thanks-------

Last edited:
Finally got it to work!
After going through the Windows Auto-Install method(just for the basic drivers)--I tried many times to update the drivers,(Auto-update too--Creative labs) but same reboots/BSOD's---I was able to download some software updates for the card and then install a few programs from the CD(only through explore CD)---Then AGAIN(keeping my fingers and eyes crossed--tried installing the latest drivers--Windows seemed to hesitate...then went on with the install smoothly.
Very weird, yes.
Originally, I couldn't even use the driver installation CD---clean install too--without BSOD's. All that just to end up installing XP-Pro after BF2 arrives(In a few weeks I hope!)
:)

Back