• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats likely to be better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSpanky

a XP2600-M or a XP 1700 known to run at 2500mhz? on 1.9v

its to be paired with a Epox 8rda, with watercooling and once i have the neophreen and stuff a 320watt TEC

im thinking the mobile but aint there problems running it in a desktop mobo?

Last edited:
If you can clock the mobile to 2.3+ which is very likely with water, it will be faster then the 1700. A lot cooler, too.

The AXP mobiles can run in any desktop board. No need for modifications.

heats not a problem if im using a tec, i know the cache will help on the mobile where the other has just half of what the mobile has

DrSpanky said:
heats not a problem if im using a tec, i know the cache will help on the mobile where the other has just half of what the mobile has

The extra 256KB of L2 cache does help but not like it does for Intel's CPUs. Also, I have a mobile 2600+ that I have overclocked to 2.6GHz on a 400MHz bus and, let me tell you, it rocks! I can do 2.7GHz but it's too much voltage required for my taste. Right now I'm running at 1.9 volts. Go with the mobile!!! :drool:

what voltage were u running for 2700?

i have a 2200+ thorton moded to barton but aint stable at high speeds...

Back