• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now THIS is a unique case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't like that case, low air flow, probably noisy and probably pricey

i do like the orginality of it, but i dont like the internals because i like to remove the 3.5 hdd cages and put my hdd in the 5.25 space and that 3.5 cage seems load/support bearing.

I think it's interesting for a couple of reasons.

Obviously they were "thinking outside of the box", and that should always be encouraged. Had they done a better job integrating the 5.25" bay structure, especially the front view, which looks to me as though a standard production case was artlessly grafted on, the design might be very compelling.

I have to wonder if, suitably designed, a case with curves might provide better airflow opportunities. Dead spots could be minimized (compared to our standard squared boxes) and fans brought closer to the components that need them.

Of course, the main problem they face is that all the components they must package are square/rectangular/right-angled and it can be tough to wrap a curvelinear skin over them.

I'd like to see one in person.

el said:
where does the power supply go?
Look at the empty space at the bottom of the case, if you look closely you see that there are holes in the bottom for Psu fan, If you want visual aspect after you install psu there is no bottom of the case, all of the space is used.

After thinking about it, if they kept it like that, but used straight lines instead of curves, I think it would look better. At this point, I'd definately have to see it in person to know for sure wether I would like it.

Have you seen the Lian Li case that resembles the Luxxor pyramid shaped hotel in Vegas??? I'll try to post the link.

Question, what's a decent, simple aluminum case andhow much should I expect to pay for one? I like the Lian Li's but I've never used one. Thanks

Get this case from KingWin (Model KT-424, they have it windowed or regular, black or silver). Here it is at newegg for $95, but when I bought my second one a few weeks ago, it was $85.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811170012

I have 2 of these cases and they rock. Superb quality and design. Totally tool-less with thumb-screws galore, removable mobo tray, filters and hard drive silencers, and even included fans (with push tab holders instead of screws), this case rocks. Just cut the fan templates off for more air flow and you're good to go. :cool:

el said:
so the butt of the p/s sticks out of the pretty case? weird.
I don't think it sticks out. It just sits on the bottom flush against that opening at the back of the case. Air gets sucked up through the vent holes in the bottom and blown out.

Mr_Fuchs said:
thats just a bunch of steel metal and cd drives waiting for a place to die.
:confused:

Last edited:
Back