• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Imported version of HL2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m3x1c4nj3w

Disabled
Today, I was looking at Newegg's Half Life 2 selection and they have 2 different versions. One is $29.99 and the other one is $34.99. The 29.99 one is the "IMPORTED" version. Is there are differences between the two?

is it in PAL format, more language options? I am actually interested in hearing what the difference is.

i got an imported version from eBay
it does have CSS
but it may be 5 CD roms, not a dvd rom
and it was an asia-pacific,
works fine, except in HL2 i read the command console, occasionally it cannot resource a entity - not sure if thats just me or what

if you reallly want to risk it, but its not much of a risk
but if your the "better safe than sorry" sort of person, what is $5? get the $35 game. if you want peace of mind :)

no language options :p, but i didnt get a hardcase, got a crappy plastic wallet to hold all 5 discs :p

tell me how it goes

last i heard you won't get the booklet with that version either, personally with little effort if you know somebody with the game you can get a legit cd key on ebay for 20$ and thats the best deal i know of for HL2 and CS:S, at this rate i won't hold my breathe for DoD:S.....

dittohead said:
damn!
yeah i missed out on DoD, booklet and a case :p

personally, i would get the 35$ one, if its non-imported.

I'm sure DoD will be made available for a small fee to people who purchases the retail version...they would be insane to limit it to people who bought their silver package or better....people would revolt....

I think halflife2 is great looking but game play is stoopid. they should call it no guns and flying things you can't fing! kill! arghhhhhhhhhhhh! Single player is lame.

el said:
I think halflife2 is great looking but game play is stoopid. they should call it no guns and flying things you can't fing! kill! arghhhhhhhhhhhh! Single player is lame.

Your are out of ur mind if you think HL2 single player is bad,

wat do you mean " no guns " and flying things u cant kill, if ur talkin about those helis than u are able to take them out later in the game.

Now lets have a dumb pointless argument :argue:

I get that entity problem as well, and I bought mine off of steam.

okay took your advice and finally got a good gun and my boat got a gun too! try to kill the helo with a pea shooter is very frustrating. I am a killer I usually don't run so after like a thousand trys I figured run.

el said:
okay took your advice and finally got a good gun and my boat got a gun too! try to kill the helo with a pea shooter is very frustrating. I am a killer I usually don't run so after like a thousand trys I figured run.

lol you gotta get the stationary gun in that tower, not on the little boat

and i was jk bout the pointless argument thing :santa:

Back