• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anybody ever buy refurbed LCD's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They wouldnt be in the refurbished section if they weren't returned by customers and they wouldn't be returned if they weren't at least 8 dead pixels.

Too Smart said:
Can't you ask the store to hook it up so you can see if there are dead pixels?

Most stores won't do that, atleast in my experience. When buying online you have to take a gamble, which is why i'll be buying my LCD in a local shop.

I wouldn't touch a refurb without seeing it work first. Like others have said, that's just asking for dead pixels.

uh, if it was returned for dead pixels or whatever, and now it's refurbished, it should be fixed by defenition of the term refurbished...

Is it even possible to fix dead pixels? I think the refurbs are just returns most of the time. The ones with a lot of dead pixels but not enough to RMA, so the the buyer just takes a loss with the restocking fee.
They could also be LCDs that had broken bezels and stuff that was repaired.

no refurbs are items that were faulty and then were fixed completely. That is what refurb is.

Refurb can also be a return that was tested by the store's tech and was deemed to be ok. If there were say a couple dead pixels, they might resell it as a refurb since there needs to be 8 dead pixels before they can send it back to the manufacturer for replacement.

I would agree that a refurb LCD would be asking for dead pixels... That said, my laptop was refurb and there's not a dead pixel in sight on it's LCD.

I have bought three Refurb LCD's

I have purchased 3 refurb LCD's from the egg.Only one i have gotten with 1 dead pixel.You can only see it when completely black background.The other 19"s have been perfect.Maufactiurers box inside another bigger box.So they were massive when i receieved them.

So far no complaints ,good prices, awesome return policy.

Even if it comes in bad order.You have 15 days to return it.
Go for it the prices on refurb are too hard to beat.

Massraptor

Back