• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Technology Cat 10 cable??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghettocomp

Master of teh Ghetto Mods
:rolleyes: not sure where to put this thread. Got my hands on a sample of a new (and secret) cat 10 'transparent' network cable. capable of better than Gigabit speeds, compatible with both Fiberoptic (with adaptor) as well as standard hardwire connections. It utilizes a "gas Layering" technique and microfilament transmission protochols to operate at speeds well above 1Ghz, where it is said to start glowing! :cool:
only available in lengths of 12feet or less, anything more and it apparently stops working altogether.
cable_nt.jpg
not sure how it works, :shrug: but I am using this for my main system right now and it is fantastic to watch it glowing/work!!

Last edited:
That's wrong! You post something like that, with no link to it, so now I gotta drool until you post a linky.

I have my suspicions too...have any photos of it in action?

And why do all 'leaked information' photos have to be so hard to see? :eh?:

i want some glowing network cable :D,.lol

but faster then gigabyte - how many pc's got fiber optic nics :D

are the switches transparent an glow as well :D

I'll second the BS notion. That looks like a tygon tube with the RJ45 connectors crimped onto it.

I will give props as to the originality of the joke.

ATF 2GTalon said:
I'll second the BS notion. That looks like a tygon tube with the RJ45 connectors crimped onto it.
LOL... yup... I call BS... Seems cool, but i surely doubt it.

Candy

Yeah...it would be pointless to have to have the eight gold contacts when they all connect to a 'tube filled with gas' They would all get mixed signals and would therefor fall apart.

Sounds like a sweet idea though, but it would need a new connector head for it to be useful.

oops!

:rolleyes: this was supposed to be in general discussion, as a Joke!, ITS A JOKE!
Pure and Simple BS, LOL
Cool Flames, :p I would have hacked up a couple of pics of it in action, along with a "network Connection" But had to install some electrical for the
Father-In-Law across town.
:D:D:D

Back