• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Stepping is this P4 (sk478)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kelly Keyboard

Registered
It's a 3.0GHz P4 Northwood (800MHz FSB, 512Kb L2 Cache, HT Technology)

This is what was written on the IHS:

P4C 3GHz

SL6WK MALAY
Q429A352

...........T429A876

Anyone got any ideas or a website or picture that would tell me?

Thanks in advance,
Kelly K

It's a D1 stepping. I have one that will do 3.8 gig. If you have good cooling, they will generally hit 3.6 to 3.8 gig.

it says its a D1 stepping

esults

sSpec Number
SL6WK

Processor Frequency
3 GHz

CPUID String
0F29h

Package Type
478 pin PPGA FC-PGA2

Bus Speed
800 MHz

Thermal Guideline
81.9W

Core Stepping
D1

Thermal Spec
70°C

L2 Cache Size
512 KB

Manufacturing Technology
0.13 micron

L2 Cache Speed
3 GHz

Bus/Core Ratio

Spec Update
http://developer.intel.com/design/Pentium4/documentation.htm

Product Order Codes

Box Order Code
BX80532PG3000D

OEM Order Code
RK80532PG080512

so what sort of overclock do u think this could do provided PSu, cooling etc are really good

My Specs:

P4C 3GHz (D1 Stepping)
1Gb Corsair XMS PC3700
Abit IS7 w/ 24 BIOS
OCZ 520w PSU

What sort of overclock could if i upgraded from stock cooling (could someone point me in the right direction as to a good HSF)

Thanks once again

See what it'll do with the stock cooler if you have good case ventilation. As long as you didn't raise vcore up anymore than 1.55v, you can probably do 3.4 tp 3.5 gig. Just watch temps. With good cooling and a little voltage, probably 3.6 to 3.8 gig is within reach (like I said earlier). Hard to beat heatsinks from Thermalright or Zalman.

Kelly Keyboard said:
My Specs:

P4C 3GHz (D1 Stepping)
1Gb Corsair XMS PC3700
Abit IS7 w/ 24 BIOS
OCZ 520w PSU

What sort of overclock could if i upgraded from stock cooling (could someone point me in the right direction as to a good HSF)

Thanks once again

the thermalright xp-90c and xp-120 are pretty much top of the line sinks if your looking for an air solution. one of those 2 coupled with a good fan will probably get you the best air results you could obtain.

The XP-90 with a high CFM fan will certainly cool better, there's no doubt. Go with the Zalman if you prefer less noise.

Back