• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 Linux!! :D No HD included :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oooooh, pretty!

Actually, i'm still going to get the PS3, and not the Xbox 360. I just don't have interest in the 360 ( that and my dad will probably buy that, so i don't have to, heh )

But since linux can run on it...i'm wondering about putting boinc on that thing...with that cell processor. I just wonder if it would give decent times!

imagine, when i'm not playing a game, its crunching for boinc!!!

And I wouldn't have to mod the PS3 to get it to do it either!

i def want a ps3. the only prob i can see is "the cell" which everything is being based on. has anybody seen a benchmark from "the cell" yet?

Remember, when you buy a console, you are buying more than that, you are choosing what selection of games you will have in the future. Now, Sony, in my view has had the best games since release of the PS1. N64 was a better console, but it didn't have the games to compete, same with the XBOX IMO. I have no idea whether companies are switching to the 360, I ''heard'' about this not to long ago. I doubt i'll buy either console, if I do it won't be for a long time yet.

Back