• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antecs new line of cases. Take a look!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ooooh... i wish my antec had some side fans....

is it possible for me to drill some holes on the side and stick a fan right there? cuz i only have one large 120 mm fan in the back, and an optioonal 120 in the front cept that the bezel door blocks the way so theres no point

Ugly cases imho, I dunno, Im still using one of the old-school chieftec cases that don't have all of the weird ridges and stuff on the front, just a rounded out front with the door ontop.

The side vents are part of Intel's thermally advantaged chassis, I believe, but I consider them to be a pretty bad idea. They're just where you don't want any noise coming from. The classic push of air from front to back still has my preference.

Unfortunately I have always disliked the way the antec cases were, for the size they were too heavy, as for how wide they were they were not as roomy as they should be and on top of it all you had to literally hack away stuff to make room. (well i did for my buddy for a mod.)

The new Antec cases look like Chenmig's and a mix of some sort of Coolermaster looking case.... Poor products the creators of Antec should be shot.

As for cases I'd say the Logysis Acrylic is nice, the Lian Li cases are perfect and the Cooler Master (large) tower case is nice; forgot the mdl # but It has the fans entirely along the front panel.

Enven.

P.S.
I wish they had internal shots of these cases so we could see how the configuration is.

While LIan Li is better then just about every other case in that they stick to tried and true external design and maximal functionality inside toped off with the best build there is, these new Antecs aren't bad for the price. I just ordered an Antec SLK3000B for $65.99 from NewEgg.

I don't know why everyone was bad mouthing the Antecs.

I think Antec are the original and best large tower case.

Lian-Lis are as bland in my opinion, not that the Antecs are works of art, but Lians look like bricks.
And Antec's power supplies are far from over-rated and their build quality (bar the plastic doors) are second to none.

;)

These new cases don't thrill me either. I have the old 1080 and it's a awsome quiet, low temp case, but nothing much new here. However the P180 looks to be a great case.

Back