• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temprature reading Negative

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0o0

computer temperature reading is negative.... -5 to -10 is that even possible. to have negative temprature !!??? i tried diffrent softwares but still temptrature is negative is that cause my motherboard is reading wrong or IS IT just Negative!!!

Most likley you are reading the wrong sensor.

Yes, negativite temps are possible, but you need somehting that can cool to subzero.

for us overclockers, sub-zero temps are great, but you have to properly insulate to stop condensation from going everywhere
btw, temp sensors are known to be horribly innacurate

you dont get negative temperatures with a hunk of aluminum and a fan. Otherwise we wouldnt need these expensive air conditioners for our houses and cars with these expensive compressor and radiator systems.

so i guess my motherboard is reading wrong or i should trt some other software ?

Temperature sensors are located at certain hardware 'addresses'. If the software you are using can't see, or read properly, these sensors you will get eronious readings. . . i.e. 'negative temperatures'. Make sure the software is compatible with your motherboard and CPU in order to get the correct readings. That is, if your system supports and/or has those sensors.

Z

Back