• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to find something cheap? a few tips on how to find it cheap and not get scammed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^ and they will drop ship any product direct from their suppliers if they dont have it even listed on their site!!

I agree it's good information.... We have 5 stickies and 6 is really to many, I stuck this temporally and if it gets 3000 views in 30 days we will leave it stuck.

I will check to make sure no one person views the thread more than normal to keep things fair ;)

Mr.Guvernment said:
great thread - you may want to add www.directron.com to the list - they are a great online store!

I can vouch for them as well. I forgot about them and rarely use them only because I have to pay tax when I order there. I've had to RMA something to them before, and they were great about it. If you're ever unsure, check ResellerRatings and ask here.

Silversinksam said:
I agree it's good information.... We have 5 stickies and 6 is really to many, I stuck this temporally and if it gets 3000 views in 30 days we will leave it stuck.

I will check to make sure no one person views the thread more than normal to keep things fair ;)

I don't think 6 stickies is too bad, especially if your monitor is set to a high resolution. Maybe the Newegg refurb post can be taken down, especially given the fact that they now utilize the "sliding scale pricing plan" and their price changes (i.e., goes up) after a few people buy whatever item it is. The "crazy eBay" thread could also probably be moved to General Discussion, because I don't think there are any "Cyber Deals" to be found in it.

I really don't think there will be 3000 views in 30 days of this thread, or any other thread, for that matter. If you look at the EasyPCKits sticky, it has been up there for a year and a half, and still hasn't gotten 4000 views (although if anybody deserves a sticky for some advertising, Dave does :) ). Maybe we can have an "OCForums-approved" list of vendors, and a list of questionable vendors as well. I think there's some good information to be found here, especially for the new folks, which there seem to be a lot of lately. I just hate to see this thread get struck down because it doesn't get what amounts to an average of 100 views per day. Just my 2¢...

warlock110 said:
Fry never pricematches except to their own price.

I just have to say that is incorrect. I successfully pricematched @ frys atlanta location (to ebgames.)

you should add chiefvalue to the list where "these people set the bar"... maybe even monarch or something, but definitely chiefvalue as well, as they are owned by the same company that newegg is.

i would also add zipzoomfly to ppl who set the bar. it's known to be a good store/rival of newegg, and it has often been endorsed on techtv by the screensavers

g0dM@n said:
you should add chiefvalue to the list where "these people set the bar"... maybe even monarch or something, but definitely chiefvalue as well, as they are owned by the same company that newegg is.

My understanding is that Newegg owns ChiefValue and a few other sites. Just what I heard, I don't know if it's true or not.

Back