• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

custom case WC layout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aharpro26

Registered
customWC.gif

You can see my problem with the radiator to the pump. I will probably get bad kinking right there. Anybody have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Dimensions of the proposed case?
Your drawing shows the radiator a lot closer to the motherboard than I think it can be.

I don't think that I would put a hard drive right up against a PS. Too much heat from the PS is bound to heat up the hard drive. You can always use some 45 degree 1/2" copper fittings joined to 1/2" hose to make that bend if you need to, or depending on the measurements/kinking, Tygon might work ok. I also see no way for you to bleed the air out via t-line or res. I am wondering however why the custom case idea and what materials you are wanting to make it out of?

the drawing isn't really in proportion clocker2. The radiator would actually be right above the video card. That is why i'm looking for a GPU block that does not put the hoses up that way. anybody seen one?
I realized that i did forget the t-line in my drawing. It will go on in the hardest place to put it: between radiator and pump.
That 45 degree idea isn't bad. Can i get a link on where to buy these barbs?
I agree that the hard drive will probably get too hot. The PCI slot area that i won't be using will probably be the best place for the hard drive.
This custom case idea was generated from a great amount of boredom. Summer started and i have nothing to do, so i decided to mod. I am going to be using 1/2" Square aluminum tubing (home depot). All my power wires will run through them for better airflow.

Back