• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is just painful...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Here's a list of our recent team additions.

New Users In Past 7 Days

Team Rank User Name Date Joined
3,849 Cuckoo 06.13.05
3,374 Jeffreyw5000 06.13.05
3,323 loopzulu 06.12.05
3,264 Blackmoonmike 06.11.05
2,910 vinnyph 06.11.05
4,387 yam 06.10.05
3,101 johna1223 06.09.05
3,767 Alex_Collier 06.08.05

Eight???? Eight people in seven days? Man, we need some help in this area.

I may draft up another plug. Depends how much time I have.

David said:
I may draft up another plug. Depends how much time I have.

Yeah, those plugs really got us a huge number of people.
:)

Matt

its the slow seaon. come back fall and winter, we'll start recruiting heavy again.

Also, a few new users have joined under some of hte subteams, especially F(OC)LD.. ( think we had 2 new users recently add a CPU to our Subteam).

Wedo said:
Eight???? Eight people in seven days? Man, we need some help in this area.

8 > 0

Im right with you though.

If we had 10% of the forum community folding we could kill [H] and OCAU.

Yeah, while 8 is better than nothing, something has to be done about recruitment.

Maybe an unbiased contest would work well (I remember David came up with a formula that worked both ways) to drum up recruitment...hmmm...

tack it on to every exchange on the forums, that they hafta come over here 'n take a look, I havn't had a single one say that he (or she) had been over here already

The contest is a good idea. Maybe we will get better traction with a contest in fall.
10,000 point minimum entrance fee. Anyone should be able to crank out 10000 points in 3 months. Ok maybe 7500. If you get 50 people to joint at 7500x50=375000 points.
The [H]ord looks like they had a couple hundred join for their contest. Thats major PWNAGE.

Seven said:
Yeah, while 8 is better than nothing, something has to be done about recruitment.

Maybe an unbiased contest would work well (I remember David came up with a formula that worked both ways) to drum up recruitment...hmmm...

How is the new contest biased?

Well looking @ active user's [H] has almost twice what we have @ EOCF stat's page plus the Au and hard people are almost getting twice the PPD we are so yea I think we need to do something or else where never going to catch them. Nik cant do it by himself :D

Yeah we're gonna need to get more members if we're gonna overtake anyone.
Plain and simple.There's only so many computers that our current members can borg or buy.
We need reinforcements but they're not gonna come outta nowhere.Honestly I think about it alot and I just can't come up with an answer.

Right now, we have to huddle and survive this summer storm. Come mid fall when temps are conducive to OC's and lots of kids find the Forums again, that's when our big recruiting drives should start.

I just started folding for team 32. I dont have the most powerful comps, but im up to 1028 pts. Is there anything special that i need to join? I just searched for my username on the folding site and it wasnt used, so i started folding under it. i never actually joined anything.

here are my stats, but it doesnt list a joined date
User dwschoon
Rank 2,226
Team www.overclockers.com
Points 1,028
24hr Avg Points 113
Total WUs 10

dwschoon said:
I just started folding for team 32. I dont have the most powerful comps, but im up to 1028 pts. Is there anything special that i need to join? I just searched for my username on the folding site and it wasnt used, so i started folding under it. i never actually joined anything.
HELLO!!!

Welcome to the Forum AND the FOLD!!!

could you tell us why/what started you FOLDing?
and how we could have gotten you to start sooner ;)

as you can see, we are in need of new blood...oops...new members and any input (as a NEW FOLDer) could/would help us.

thanks

edit: i think we need our web sight to get hits!! then we can use it to get sponsors...something like: free ad on our sight for a month for every $50 item (that we use as contest give-away stuff) just off the top of my head... i know Plycon is a web store that has stuff WE (as OCers) use/buy and ive never seen an add around here for them...xoxide...there are TONS of places...HERE is a page that lists almost all the places i use

Last edited:
Joe Camel said:
HELLO!!!

Welcome to the Forum AND the FOLD!!!

could you tell us why/what started you FOLDing?
and how we could have gotten you to start sooner ;)

as you can see, we are in need of new blood...oops...new members and any input (as a NEW FOLDer) could/would help us.

thanks

edit: i think we need our web sight to get hits!! then we can use it to get sponsors...something like: free ad on our sight for a month for every $50 item (that we use as contest give-away stuff) just off the top of my head... i know Plycon is a web store that has stuff WE (as OCers) use/buy and ive never seen an add around here for them...xoxide...there are TONS of places...HERE is a page that lists almost all the places i use

I think the adopt a rig needs to be pushed harder that is an excellent way to get people folding. just like 'need a PC to do school work on? If you leave it on 24/7 folding you can get one for free [over here]" Since thats basically how it is I just feel we need to get the word out on it more. Heck if there is someone that lives near me I could proly put a rig together for very little cost if not free as long as FAH is on it (for team 32, doesn't have to be under my name but would be nice ;) )

Ive often noticed that when it comes to 'donations' people are more willing to gives parts than cash, since everyone has a spare part lying around ya know?

btw, dell currently has a deal for a dimension 2400 Celly 2.4 for 200bucks limit of 5. Come swith XP home, 80gig HDD, no monitor and 256MB ram

stratcatprowlin said:
Welcome to team 32!

Here is your EOC stats page

Good job so far :)

Thats really cool. Ive only checked my stats before on the actual folding site. So i guess that means i dont have to register anywhere else. As far as where i heard about folding, I have been an avid overclocker for years, and i stumbled upon the forum about 2 months ago when i was researching some comp parts. I read about folding a couple of weeks ago and thought it was really cool, so I started doing it. I want to setup a farm because i have enough parts to make 3 or 4 older rigs(400-1000mhz), so im going to try to get them up and running soon. I only worry about network access. I am folding only at work right now(for which i have gotten permission) and i dont have internet at home. My boss thinks the folding is really cool, but wont do it because he uses a laptop and the vice president of the firm killed 3 laptop hard drives running seti.

Back