• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage on a 530J

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

werdz

HMM This is kinda strange well at least I think, My 530J 3.0 is overclocked to 3.8 , The voltage on the VCORE is 1.343 while its at idle, but when I put some load on the cpu the VCORE drops! to 1.312. Shouldnt it be vice versa? I mean when I put load it needs more power doesnt it? Iam kinda of a noob at this so thats why if its a stupid question dont laugh :p

That's common. Those Prescotts are power piggies. Put a load on them and they suck up the juice. You might consider bumping up the vcore one notch, so that you don't drop too low while overclocked. It also depends on how good your power supply is too.

They pretty much all do it. Even the vcore on 3.8 in my signature pulls down when I overclock it. Worse thing that can happen is you'll lose stability under heavy load. But, if you adjust the voltage up a tad and as long as your cooling is good and if you stability test it with PCmark2004 or Prime95, then you'll be ok.

vcore drops under load is normal. massive drops are not good. as long as you're stable, there's nothing to worry about.

right now, I'm at 1.375v in bios, 1.36 idle, and 1.32 load (reading from Abit EQ).

ideally, you wouldn't want to drop voltage under load but it's normal.

Back