• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Conditioned Case, WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The problem is that the AC unit only puts out 120 Watts which mean it is seriously underpowered to cool a modern rig setup. I mean just the heat that some CPUs produce will easily overpower that meager TEC AC unit.

Even if it didnt cool my computer well...id still buy it to have at my dads where there is no AC :D

Every AC unit that I've seen escept for my house's heatpump have put out an insane amount of condensation. How does this get around that?

The condensation would ruin your processor, considering it's price, you can go with phase-change cooling as well, which has a less chance of condenstation.

Good idea, bad move.

theMonster said:
Every AC unit that I've seen escept for my house's heatpump have put out an insane amount of condensation. How does this get around that?
Yea the AC in my window is always dripping water outside. This AC must cooling the air so that the temps are never below the dew point. If you look on the Control Panel of the case it says the AC is 22 C. At that temp, you wouldnt have a problem with condesation. Whats the price? The case is kinda cool even without the AC. Or it would be cool to buy that AC unit and put it on your own case.

are all you guys blind from the link

- Powerful 460w power supply built-in

and some sats about it

Compliant with the ATX-12V and EPS-12V
 standard
◆ Support for INTEL P4 and AMD Athlon 64/FX
 CPUs
◆ SATA connector supported
◆ PCI-Express connector supported
◆ Two independent 12V output rails supply to
 MB/CPU and drives
◆ Smart thermal control design - dual fans built-in
 for ultra cooling & automatic fan speed adjusting
 according to the temperature variation inside
 power supply
◆ Power consumption signal output
◆ Active PFC (Power Factor Correction)
◆ Multiple protections against over power, short-
 circuit, over-current, overload, and
 over-temperature
◆ Efficient connector & cable management
◆ Safety approvals: UL, TUV, SIMKO, CB.
◆ EMC approvals: CE, BSMI, CISPR22 CLASS B,
 FCC PART 15 SUB PART J CLASS B at system
 load

the cooler itself is 120W

Case is $360. I am sure they have made it so condensation is not a problem, what type of moron would market a product that would destroy your computer no-one. So I don't know why people even brought that up.

are all you guys blind from the link

What? Why are we blind?

AC would work better if it cooled water unit, then have the water cool CPU. Would not have to worry about condensation. Plus I saw somewhere a guy bought regular ac unit took it apart. Cooled his pc with it! By cooling water not air.

Woozy said:
AC would work better if it cooled water unit, then have the water cool CPU.

For most of us here, your idea would be better. For the average user, a case with cool air is a lot easier to setup, use and maintain than a water cooled rig. It's all about who the product is marketed for. Judging by the average responses in this post...it's not for most of us.

darksparkz said:
The condensation would ruin your processor, considering it's price, you can go with phase-change cooling as well, which has a less chance of condenstation.

Good idea, bad move.

if everything in the case is at a similar temperature there wouldnt be any condensation @ the cpu. the problem with that occurs when your cpu and surrounding area is @ -20c and the rest of your case is @ 28-30c. which will all but garuntee youve broken the dewpoint. the problem with this case would most likely be condensation around the air entry points and on the outside of the case since thats where the warmer air with the ability to hold more water would be since i dont see how they could totally seal it off from the outside air (i dont think condensation is a problem with the strength of this unti though)

the unit would probably get the temps inside the case down to about what ambient room temps would be anyway. people wont see 15c or below case temps with this type of cooling with the setup shown there.

looks like youd get the same results from just buying a room fan and pointing it in the side of your tower :). looks to me from the pictures you gain an apprx 6-10c temp drop on the system or ambient in case temps and that doesnt sound that great for "over 350$" for the psu and tower. interesting idea none the less i know the people over @ asetek have designed something similar to this that looks a little beefier (at a beefier cost im sure)

heres the vapochill beast http://www.vapochill.com/default.as...=sideid&myvalue=14&contentSection=2&menuID=-1 kind of along the same lines only done a little more profesionally imho. its the case cooler link at the bottom of the page btw. sorry wouldnt let me link directly to the page

Woozy said:
AC would work better if it cooled water unit, then have the water cool CPU. Would not have to worry about condensation. Plus I saw somewhere a guy bought regular ac unit took it apart. Cooled his pc with it! By cooling water not air.

you probably saw a homemade water chiller in action. i have a half completed one in my basement i havent had the time to finish messing with. thats basicly a evaporator submerged in the cooling liquid (in my case its a hacked up picnic cooler) that pumps throuh the loop to cool the cpu/chipset/gpu.

the idea of using cooled air is geared more towards people who will have alot of hdd activity or memory usage and things of that nature. they arent worried so much about overclocking the components as they are ensuring that said components will run trouble and error free in a strenuous work enviroment like file servers and things they need to have sustainable uptime without errors or crashes.

Back