• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How I helped silence Delta 3-blade EFB912HF on a SLK-900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JTanczos

I have a high powered 3 blade delta on a slk-900. Now if anyone has one you know they can be a lil loud and push a lot of air. I didn't want vibrations from the fan causing annoying vibrations through the case. It will be installed in a Chieftec Dragon case. Those are heavy cases so when it vibrates, it is annoying.

First picture is the whole unit with all the layers of neoprene and silicon gaskets. From top to bottom is the Delta, silicon gel gasket, cheap fan gutted for a spacer, another gel gasket and the slk900.
slk900silence13db.jpg

Close up pic of the connection points to the spacer. I cut a piece of neoprene into a triangles. The clips that hold the fan down were put in the lowest connection holes on the heat sink. The rested on the neoprene triangles I put on the spacer. Since this was not the way the chips were meant to work I had to firm them up a different way. Using 2 zip ties on each side I pulled the clips firm against the neoprene.
slk900silence22gf.jpg

Another view but a different angle. Neoprene dampens the vibrations that might be transmitted to the clips against the side. Zipties also have a strip of neoprene to remove vibrations.
slk900silence34ah.jpg

Last 2 pics show neoprene and silicon gel washers to finish off the mod. The black part around the head of the 2 inch screw is the neoprene washer.
slk900silence40ry.jpg

slk900silence54ak.jpg

I love this camera! And the mod was good too! It is on a PWM fan controller and at the lowest setting I can barely hear it. At full speed I just hear the fan and not vibrations. The tiny spaces are because the nuts wern't fully tightened in these pics yet.

JT

Last edited:
Now where did you get the silicone washers? I have the same fan, not in use because it's too noisy for me even at low voltages. Need some way to dampen the vibrations coming from my EFB1212LEs. How are those silicone dampers for you?

you can get antec ones on newegg, I sold some here a while back, IMO they do nothing, but those look much thicker than mine

They are vantec dampener kits. (VDK-80, VDK-92, VDK-120) SVC, Newegg and Jab-tech sells them for sure. I purchased a few here and there depending on who was cheapest. They come with washers.

They aren't too thick at only 1.5-2mm. Thankfully tho they reduce vibrations enough to quiet things down. The neoprene and washers help too.

JT

Last edited:
Back