• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows keeps crashing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

My computer keeps crashing because of a driver error! I unistalled all the lastest stuff that I put on the computer in the last two weeks. I still get the problem. Every 3-4 hours it crashes the only thing the computer is doing during this time is folding two instances. I been doing without a problem for two months up until the last couple of days! No idea please help! :shrug:

Do you get any kind of error codes? What EXACTLY does the error window say when it happens? Do you get a blue screen at all?

First step would be to unplug all your hardware except for the needed stuff, like keyboard and mouse, if you still get it, than i would get into your box and remove any extra stuff you might have added, like NIC cards in the PCI slots, etc... try to narrow it down as much as possible.

Also, try right clicking on the "my computer icon, hit properties, and try to get into the device manager to see if there are any conflicts ( you'll see a little yellow exclamation point or question mark next to a device if there is one ).

Also, if you could give any details on what OS it is, service pack number, etc anything would be helpful in trying to figure this out for you. I know it's frusterating, but hang in there!

~ Gos

If you let windows sit frozen for a while, It should restart itself (eventually). When it boots up agian it tells you exactly whats wrong.

yea it does it tell me driver error, but does not tell me with driver no code nada, Just says windows just crashed from serious caused by driver!

By a small coincidence of fate, that is exactly the problem I've been having(past tense I hope). I went crazy making sure all of my windows drivers were up to date, and the same with everything attached to the computer. I used device manager to check the drivers. The problem kept happening :bang head . then suddenly an acme anvil (a really big one) dropped on my head ouch!!! hey what about my mboard drivers (I know I know). Duh, and guess what? New soundmax drivers. I downloaded them unpacked & installed 'em. Two days later & so far no driver error problem. Let me know if you find something else.
But definetly check your asus mboard drivers you never know.

Last edited:
Back