• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Makes The Best RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who makes the best RAM?

• Micron/Crucial

Votes: 169 11.5%
  • OCZ

Votes: 363 24.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 17 1.2%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 137 9.3%
  • Corsair

Votes: 384 26.1%
  • Nanya

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Geil

Votes: 46 3.1%
  • Infineon

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • Kingston

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • GSkill

Votes: 191 13.0%
  • Patriot

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • Adata

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • PQI

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Twinmos

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Wintec

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Other Stuff

Votes: 39 2.6%

• Total voters
hi'
when I made my upgrade I had choice between corsair, and geil,
it was a question of price ...
I took geil ultra, so far they aren't so bad.

someone said that this serie love volts, in fact they run from 1.8 to 2.4 ... currently at 2v.
I was a bit disapointed as they say 4.4.4.12, but this is for 266
if 400, it turns to 5.5.5.18 :(

saving to get a pair of crucial soon ;)

i686

I voted Crucial because they have Micron and actually make their own RAM. Several other companies may have good sticks, but they don't actually make the chips. Corsair is one of my favorites, but didn't vote because they get their chips from other places.

I cannot believe so many people vote OCZ. I hate that company. I purchased PC150 years ago that was a scam and OCZ would not exchange, RMA or refund my money. They were a crappy company out of a closed down grocery store. The company grew by ripping people off and now they're praised as if they're good. Personally, I won't buy OCZ anymore. Long live Crucial and Corsair!

CosmicGrooves said:
I voted Crucial because they have Micron and actually make their own RAM. Several other companies may have good sticks, but they don't actually make the chips. Corsair is one of my favorites, but didn't vote because they get their chips from other places.

I cannot believe so many people vote OCZ. I hate that company. I purchased PC150 years ago that was a scam and OCZ would not exchange, RMA or refund my money. They were a crappy company out of a closed down grocery store. The company grew by ripping people off and now they're praised as if they're good. Personally, I won't buy OCZ anymore. Long live Crucial and Corsair!
hi'
I can only second this, I got some geil, supposed to be a good brand ... scammed :(

so, after research, I found that crucial or micron would be the best, for the reason you talk about above ;)

i686

CosmicGrooves said:

OCZ started out as a shady company, but I guess they got new management or something, because a while back they changed into a respectable company.

While the poor reputation they had back in the day was well earned, so is the good reputation they have now. Right now their thermal paste is sourced from Artic Silver (there was a huge scandal before about how their paste didn't actually contain silver), their memory is top notch (as verfified by countless reviews by websites and overclockers), their psus are decent, and overall their support seems to be good.

i only buy crucial and corsair...they make and sell they're own modules...i've never had a problem with any of them and i can o/c the crap outta then.

most of my ram is crucial, except for my gaming rig, its corsair. my 2nd choice!

i see ocz is up there.. but imho i have to disagree. yes, since ive left sd, ocz is all ive had. their ddr1 i had would not run at rated cas 2.5, it was cas2 or nothing, so those were a bit of a flop, my ocz gold gx xtc is probably the best of the batch of ocz that ive run, because they are still running, 100mhz faster then stock. the kit in my sig lasted 2 days before throwing huge errors, even at stock speeds and timeings. they are poop. i am still undecided on wich brand to try next :(

Team Group Xtreem rams are always guaranteed D9 chips, unlike others ( like corsair for instance ) that jumps from chip to chip after a revision imo.

crucial ballistix can be pushed past 3 and 4 volts and overclock like a dream!!!

CRUCIAL FTW!!!

...although i cant afford it AT ALL

well, a few posts up i was smack talking ocz, but this set of platinum ive got has been very reliable, running its stock speeds with a fair bit less voltage then advertised. and they overclock fairly well with their default voltage of 2.3v im very satisfied :)

Back