• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Makes The Best RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Who makes the best RAM?

• Micron/Crucial

Votes: 169 11.5%
  • OCZ

Votes: 363 24.6%
  • Samsung

Votes: 17 1.2%
  • Mushkin

Votes: 137 9.3%
  • Corsair

Votes: 384 26.1%
  • Nanya

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Geil

Votes: 46 3.1%
  • Infineon

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • Kingston

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • GSkill

Votes: 191 13.0%
  • Patriot

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • Adata

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • PQI

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Twinmos

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Wintec

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Other Stuff

Votes: 39 2.6%

• Total voters
I'm going to be a spoil sport, and ask... how can you possibly anser this? There are SO many variables. There's motherboard compatibility, there's the question of how much power you can/will give it, and then there's the issue of not only which particular line of memory are you looking at, but what other lines does that company offer. For example: I just bought some memory for a new system I'm building with an Asus A8N+E MB. I don't believe it goes over 3v for the memory (without modding), so I decided to stick with TCCD/TCC5 memory. Other memory might have been a better choice if I had more power to give it. Then as far as WHICH TCCD/5 memory to get... I could have gotten some OCZ TCC* slightly cheaper than Patriot TCC*, but I got the Patriot instead. Reason being: OCZ offers some higher-end versions of TCC* than the base PC3200, while I don't believe Patriot does. Since OCZ is likely going to bin the better TCC* chips to the higher speed (PC4200, or whatever it is) line, I would think their PC3200 line, on average, wouldnl't fair as well as non-binned TCC* memory. So in this case, to me it seemed that Patriot would be better, because they don't have the high end line to get all the best chips. That doesn't make them a better company overall, but I would think that would make their PC3200 TCC* memory better than OCZ's PC3200 TCC* memory.

SeanOMatic said:
OCZ, because I am such a nice guy!

LOL. I like OCZ, Mushkin, and Twinmos, but am giving the nod to Mushkin for their redlines.

CJ

Who makes the best finished product? I hate to be a spoil sport too, but that changes like the seasons, and depends on what the system specs are.

Right now (as of 6-26-2005) OCZ has a good line, and has good OC'ing RAM for just about everything, but in the world of supply and demand, and the changing of the die, that can change in an instant. We all mourn the loss of BH5! LOL

Back