• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2004: Insane Frag Video.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
axhed said:
there was some badass moves in there... rebounding the flak off the wall into the guy on the ramp overhead? freaking nuts. dude rides a crotch rocket and his body gets nailed by lightning gun and a shock rifle before it hits ground. i think i'll go practice.

Word.

people have waay too much time on their hands
i mean, i love computer games, not love... more (my dream job is working at EB Games)
but come on !
i didnt even bother watching the video, as im on DSL lite
at least its not CSS, which i find is extremely headshot-random :-/

that's pretty sweet....the video editing on that is sweet...the matrix style stuff, music....and those guys are so incredible with that lightning gun.

good find

I'll demo myself 1v1ing sometime, I want to see some people on the forums playing UT2004.
BTW Enduro, buy retail .. demo servers get old REAL fast ;). I think ive played MTB before, ggs.

One of my friend did some good 1V1 against godlike bots. I don't have his video yet, but i'll try to upload it somewhere soon. There is a picture of his score attached to this message. Now, i know that this is nowhere a proof or whatever, but i found it kinda impressive. Too bad he can't play online with his 56K i'm sure he'd go far.

Attachments

• ut.jpg
    ut.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 494
I'll upload a demo and show you guys how I play, Ive been in a slump lately and I havn't gotten out of it... but this movie is inspiring me lol

Some of the kills were awesome, but most of them including the best ones looked either hacked/staged or more often just plain lucky. I think most of this is from the editing. In most of the amazing kills its from killing someone without seeing them or turning a corner and killing them instantly. I imagine they saw them before and that part was edited out.

EC, if your on cable come play me on my server some time. Has custom everything, hence the need for cable. All the custom stuff is on a T3 though, so it will be about as fast as you can recieve....

Um, is it against the rules to advertise your servers addresses in the forums?

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
I'll upload a demo and show you guys how I play, Ive been in a slump lately and I havn't gotten out of it... but this movie is inspiring me lol

Yeah, I know the feeling. BF2 has kinda taken away my will to play UT, well that and the fact that I'm progressively getting worse due to not playing which makes me not want to play anymore. Gl beating CombatCarl :D

I remember playing a couple of the top players in NZ, I didn't even see half the shots go off but I got nailed _every_ time, was kinda depressing. I really wanna get back into it too, I might get this video when I get home from work, see if it can motivate me with its leetness :p

Im editing a video of myself, I got 622mb of 5 min. of practice time in warmup. I got a few hs's in there with a lot of moving combos / shock hits ... ill see if Paul1 can upload it for me. If not, then ill just get my friend to stream the demo. You need UTcomp 1.6 to watch :-/ if I stream the raw demo. Its like 15mb I think.

Last edited:
Heh, I can't hit anything with the shock combo, I fail so badly when using it.... probably the main reason I always get 'flak monkey' :D

Sigh, wtf was with the music? I think I heard Jpop in there... I like Jpop by itself but it just doesn't work with a frag video. Need some nice techno/trance or heavy metal for a frag video IMO. The frags were nice, but I still loved watching SK's amazing teamwork at summer CPL 2004. That was just... amazing.

I'll just host the raw demo, server IP (To download UTComp 1.6) is 206.191.170.164:5000 and ill host it today, I have some potential but nothing compared to the guys in the video.

For those of you who think the video was staged:

I don't mean this to come across as rude, but have you guys played UT2k4? -- have you ever been skilled at that game or played against someone who was?

The movie was entirely believable. Some of the frags were amazing, but if I recorded every second of my UT play I'm sure I could dig up some "unbelievable" footage myself.

That's not to downplay the skill of the players in the video. They are clearly amazing players, and I'm sure this amazing footage we saw was something that's just frequent for them.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr: I'm at work at the moment, so I can't watch your video. But once I get home I'll download it. I've been playing Lineage2 lately, so I'm really lacking in CSS and UT skills. But I just starteded up UT again last night -- I forgot how much fun every adrenaline-pumped match was :D

Bah, every mirror i download from it keeps saying server reset connection? Has anyone else ran into this?

Ok, the definitive answer: I've been in numerous cheating leagues/clans since Aliens vs Predator was popular on MPlayer so I believe my credentials are in order. ;)

The way these guys play, it's obvious they either bot and wallhack... or just spend every waking moment playing UT2K4.

To be honest, nothing in that video blew my skirt up until I saw the shots w/ the lightning gun around corners; THAT definitely looked like botting.

To be brutally honest, UT2K4's anti-cheating sucks as well; it's a toss-up whether or not these guys are legit. Either way, cheating or not, if you're THAT good, for cryin' out loud, get in some contest or something, win some money, show your wives/girlfriends/mothers that you're not just wasting time playing at all hours of the day & night... just to play.

all this talk of UT 2k4 makes me want to spend $400 to get a moibilty radeon 9800 256 for my latop and buy the game again!

darn you allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Back