• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My San Diego 4000 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

So I've had the chance to play around with a SD 4000, and this is what i've come up with.

Spec
DFI lanparty NF4 ultra D
Athlon SD 4000
2gbs od corsair value ram (I have some Corsair XMS ddr550) but it doesn't do 1T timing, and th board autosets it as 1t and for the life of me i can't find a way to change it. tons of timing options but no 1t or 2t.) end rant
Li lian 65b case
antec smartpower 2.0 500 watt psu
ATI x700
XP-90 with a vantec stealth 92mm fan
Maxtor 250gb sata 16mb cache.

Note this is a workstation computer. For word Processing and Cad work.

So far, i've gotten this computer to boot at 2.88 ghz 240x12, But it wasn't very stable. THe highest stable speed i've found so far is 230x12 2.76 ghz at 1.525 vcore.

The chip doesn't run too hot. But gets up there running prime. idle is about 29 degs at stock speeds and 33 at 2.76. load makes it all the way up to 48 when overclocked.

Overall it's a fast chip, and i'm looking forward to being able to get it stable above 2.8

Burn in? That speed seems quite low... What stepping is it, and how many volts are you pumping through it? ;D

I thinks its more of a memory issue. But I havn't had time to burn it in yet, and i'v never had any extra results after doing so. and i'm only putting 1.5 to 1.525 volts through

deadfishy, RMA those pc4400 sticks back to corsair. youll have good sticks back in 2 weeks or less.

i had the same issue and now im 2750mhz 1T instead of 2T.

oh and its called COMMAND PER CLOCK (CPC.)

enable=1T
disable=2T

SteveLord said:
deadfishy, RMA those pc4400 sticks back to corsair. youll have good sticks back in 2 weeks or less.

i had the same issue and now im 2750mhz 1T instead of 2T.

oh and its called COMMAND PER CLOCK (CPC.)

enable=1T
disable=2T

Your the man! I'm on it!

still, I think that 4000+ is clocking awefully low, i would suggest a burn in for anywhere upto 18hours to get over this hump.. that chip should be pushing 3ghz..

Careface*

its in there. you have to goto the GENIE BIOS, then the DRAM settings i think its called. its one of the options at the top of the list.

What are you using to cool it? Also, if it's your RAM holding you back you could always run the RAM with a divider and there will not be much of a performance loss. I'm sure any performance lost with running RAM in a divider would be evened out by a faster CPU clock.

SteveLord said:
its in there. you have to goto the GENIE BIOS, then the DRAM settings i think its called. its one of the options at the top of the list.

negitive, can't find it. I've been all over that Bios.

Kick your voltage to 1.5*-1.7 volts, Maybe change the 1:1 memory ratio (Unless you have expensive RAM 1:1 wont work for high overclocks..) loosen the timings, raise the memory voltage to 2.75+ volts.. Hope it works out for you.

Back