• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bringing the Pentium-M to the desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
asther said:
here is my system setings...
Dothan 740 [email protected] (13x193 1.5Vcore)
2x512 OCZ 3700 241 (482MHz) 3-3-3-8 3.3V (OCZ Booster)
P4C800Dlx bios 1021D.004
watercooling
37ºC idle / 42º full
SuperPI 30s
3dmark03 13800 (X800PE@default)
max fsb 200 (not stable)

PIcpuzdothan2.5.JPG

now waiting for a multiplyer bios to play with....

You have the same proc as I do and I have it running at 2.4ghz on 1.35 vcore right now rock stable in everything.

BTW what are you load temps with 1.5vcore?

temps...

hi!...

my temps almost didnt change, got 37ºC idle and 42ºC load....
only 1ºC more in each than at 2.4 vcore default.
i got a watter cooling system...
and my ambient temperature is arround 32ºC in my pc room,... yes, Portugal is HOT :mad: rigth now....

OFF TOPIC: Sjaak, i know you are in spain, step in lisbon to have a drink!!! ill pay...

So is Boston . . . It was in the 90s in my bedroom for more than a week! It's now in the mid 80s, so it's a little more bearable, but my dual Xeon is rather unhappy.

These results are good, but I was expecting similar overclocks for most of these processors. I'm surprised to see such a range of results.

Z

Lol, but it was like 65 just last week, haha. The ocing range on these processors is about the highest I've seen (pecentage-wise) and very frustrating.

Managed to get hold of a 750 for a few hours to play with at a mates. This is basically a stick it in and run jobby, no tweaks at all. With the BH it would have been into the 25's. Sorry for the lack of info, probably isnt worth much, might be useful for the db tho...

Chip: 750, 533 fsb - 1.86ghz
Motherboard: P4C800-E Deluxe (vdroop/vdimm)
RAM: 2x512 OCZ EL 3200
Videocard: PCI - rage 8mb
Cooling: Stock air
Current Speed: 2703 (270*10)
Max FSB / CPU clock: Unknown, 2700??
Current Voltage: 1.45
S-code / stepping / pack date: all unknown

http://www.drunken-student.co.uk/pics/pc/p4-m/pi_26677_750.JPG

my 730 with a P4 IHS :)
dotihs.jpg

also tried yesterday one oldschool benhmark.. pcmark2002 :)
i'm pretty sure that radeon 9550 (slow) without drivers installed (slower)
was holding back my mem score..
PCMARK2002-cpu 9517, mem 17401
got also this superpi score - 25.875
all benches done with cold water and p4p800d w/800-se bios..
had probably some serious contact issues because i had hard time to get system stable even at speeds i had with inbox cooler..

+ added one suicide screen..

Attachments

• 2909.gif
    2909.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,054
kk bout to go for dothan.
i want to get teh 2ghz chip, although the multi is too high.
however if i read this thread right, u can lower the multis in the bios.
my goal is to run the p4c800 deluxe @ 200-250 fsb at a multi of 12. but i want wiggle room.

anyway, would that be the best way to go. how stable is the dothan at 2.4 or 2.6 at 200 fsb?

and last question, should i get p4c800 w/ adapter, or is there a better mobo out there (price im flexible). ive seen a few, but never overclock.

thank, im new, and love the site

I'm having some problems over here i will quote my post from somewhere else were i posted it already..

The facts.....

bios
----

1021.003--->no booting @ 201*13 @ 1.55V
1021.004--->no booting @ 201*13 @ 1.55V
1022--->has a boot problem,wrong cpu speed
1023--->after flashing and restarting,it won't post evrytime i need to use clear cmos//6*201 -->no booting///i go into the bios and save it -->no booting!!!!

i flashed using 1.16b/207/211/219

i did used the exact same bios and settings a colin(alz85),njet noppes nada,can't boot @ 201*13....

What i wrong in here?
bad psu?it's 300wats and it's pretty ty...
Or does my dothan suck?wich can't be cause when i try to overclock with oc @ 30% (the agp locks and pci locks) and i can go to 2300 but then i have that fsb limit)...

Tell me what the ***** is worng in here?

ASUS P4C800DX
P-M 740
OCZ Performance series rev 2 unknown chips lol
9500pro @ 9700pro

thx i hope someone can come up with an answer

Pardons said:
1023--->after flashing and restarting,it won't post evrytime i need to use clear cmos//6*201 -->no booting///i go into the bios and save it -->no booting!!!!

I've had that very same problem. I thought it occured because i broke a pin off the adapter. It disappeared as soon as i remounted the pin. (26AF, opposite corner of the marked one).

Sjaak said:
I've had that very same problem. I thought it occured because i broke a pin off the adapter. It disappeared as soon as i remounted the pin. (26AF, opposite corner of the marked one).
and how did you flashed it?
with afudos wich commands?

Hi. My Name Is Pavlos And Im From Greece.

Im Intersting To OverClock All My NoteBooks.

I Have 3 Models And They Are Very Slow.

1. FUJITSU-SIEMENS E4010 (CENTRINO 1,4Ghz)

2. TOSHIBA SATELLITE SA50-543 (CENTRINO 1,5Ghz)

3. HP ZV5374EA (P4 3,2Ghz)

Which Programms Should I Use To?

:)

Sjaak said:
I'm back from holiday, i will sort out all the new submissions in the next few days.
WB :)
You could also add my latest.. i'm stuck now @ 24sec for a time being because one of my ramsticks died mysteriously..

p4c800e-dlx, 4x256M bh5, vcore 1.72v, vagp 1.93v, vdimm 3.5v, 200w peltier + 11c water.

attachment.php

Isn't that voltage a little on the high side for a 90nm chip? I see you have good cooling, but I wouldn't think your processor will last a year at that voltage . . . Of course I don't own a 90nm chip, so I'm just winging it, but people didn't even put that much voltage to most Northwoods, did they?

Z

zachj said:
Isn't that voltage a little on the high side for a 90nm chip? I see you have good cooling, but I wouldn't think your processor will last a year at that voltage . . . Of course I don't own a 90nm chip, so I'm just winging it, but people didn't even put that much voltage to most Northwoods, did they?

Z

On the early northwoods 1.7 was quite common, i ran 1.9v for three months. The Dothan's seem to be taking it quite well, no reported cases of dying or degrading yet.

zachj said:
Z
my 24/7 vcore is ~1.45v.. 1.7v is only for sub-zero.. highest reported temp by MBM was ~0C..
i've seen LN2 guys giving almost 1.9v to dothans..

actually, with this cooling, anything over 1.7v was overkill.. but otherwise my chip seems to respond to voltage increases very well. just like prescott. every voltage bump results in higher mhz..
on the contrary - i just tested one pm730, a REALLY bad one, it needed 1.35V for 2.4ghz and 2.42ghz was no go - no matter what voltage.. :rolleyes:

caater said:
on the contrary - i just tested one pm730, a REALLY bad one, it needed 1.35V for 2.4ghz and 2.42ghz was no go - no matter what voltage.. :rolleyes:

We need to select the ones that respond best to voltage and send them off to the guys with phasechange :D

Mine is still doing fine at stock vcore 2.4Ghz - when i re-assembled the system this afternoon and booted it up, i didn't even had to reformat.

Sjaak said:
when i re-assembled the system this afternoon and booted it up, i didn't even had to reformat.
btw - this is the BEST feature of dothan :)
i went from ic7/prescott to p4c800/dothan and no reformat/reinstall needed.
i just had to change "acpi multiprocessor pc" to "acpi computer" and that's it.

Back