• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu block choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
as far as i know, 25 psi is more pressure than you would ever put on the block in a watercooling loop. shouldn't be anything to worry about. at least i haven't heard anything about the swiftech blocks leaking...

i can't tell you which block i prefer, as i haven't tried either of the two personally (yet). both seem to have a good reputation here. but if you go with the RBX, it's probably a good idea to get the brass top so you don't run the risk of the lucite cracking

i was figuring that there would never be that much pressure on the system. my comparision was that my bike tires contain just a bit more pressure, so it seems like that would be alot.
good point about the lucite too, thanks.

the 6002 is a better block, in everything but SUPER high flow situations. depending on which setup you plan on going for, a super highflow setup, or a lower flowing setup, which is probably the choice for most people, then the swiftech block is a better choice.

The 6002 design is just about impossible to leak anyways, and it performs much better than the RDX even at really low flow rates, and it's only 2 barbs, so good choice. I'm pretty sure I've seen the 6002 cheaper elsewhere, but it might have only saved you a few bucks, so no need nto cancel your order unless you really want to.

even though the swifty is really good, it completely ruins the looks of your rig (IMHO). it's simply hideous but i know most people put performance before looks... i would personally go with the tdx (not just because i have one). looks great and performs well. the extra couple degrees you might gain from the swifty just doesn't have enough real world benefit for me to consider it. you might squeeze an extra mhz out of your cpu but so what? i have a tdx with a 2x120 thermochill and i can get my p4 2.8 perfectly stable at 3.5 (1.7V) at about 40C load (guessing since the bios actually reads 30C at load which cant be right since it's 30C in my study). the 3 barbs of the rbx are just a hassle. just my opinion

I had both and to be honest the mechanics of installation and removal alone make me favor the 6002 over the RBX. Kick in the price benefit (you can actually find the 6002 for right at $40 many times depending on which chip you are using) as well as the fact chances of leaks are much lower due to the 6002's construction...

I had and used the RBX for a long time and it was a solid performer. It allows you to tinker using the various jets that are available as well as it does look great.

I would say that both blocks are solid performers although the Lucite top over time made me nervous so I ended up springing for the Brass top which brought the total to $52 for the WB and $15 for the Brass Top or $67. $40 for the 6002 or $67 for the RBX...the cheapskate in me screams for the 6002 ;)

blt111 said:
even though the swifty is really good, it completely ruins the looks of your rig (IMHO). it's simply hideous but i know most people put performance before looks... i would personally go with the tdx (not just because i have one). looks great and performs well. the extra couple degrees you might gain from the swifty just doesn't have enough real world benefit for me to consider it. you might squeeze an extra mhz out of your cpu but so what? i have a tdx with a 2x120 thermochill and i can get my p4 2.8 perfectly stable at 3.5 (1.7V) at about 40C load (guessing since the bios actually reads 30C at load which cant be right since it's 30C in my study). the 3 barbs of the rbx are just a hassle. just my opinion

doubtful, but the input was noted.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
well, in some cases, 2-3ºC can be the difference between 2.7ghz and 2.8ghz. whcih can be the difference between a good oc and a better oc.

thank you, point clearified.

Back