Where to buy a compressor

Normally I wouldn't ask, but I didn't find one place that sells them online after googling for an hour. I know there has to be some place out there that sells them cheap. Also, what is a good brand name to buy?

Thanks in advance.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LabRat23
    Normally I wouldn't ask, but I didn't find one place that sells them online after googling for an hour. I know there has to be some place out there that sells them cheap. Also, what is a good brand name to buy?

Thanks in advance.
    I recommend a tecumseh compressor. It will last forever.

Found their homepage with a quick google search. They dont seem to sell them from their website. I found some using the froogle search for $250 to $300. Is that a good price or is there a better place to buy them?

Thanks

10 Year Badge
    EBAY is your best bet here... just make sure the ones you get come with all the start/run components..
    GAMING RIG | Intel E8500 @ 4500mhz (474mhz x 9.5) | Scythe Yasya | Asus PB5 Deluxe | 4GB G.Skill PC2-8000 (5,5,5,15) | Asus GTX 280 | SB Audigy| OCZ Elite Stream 800W

BACKUP RIG | Dell Optiplex 755 | E8500 | 6GB Ram | Powercolor HD 5770 | SB Live | OCZ StealthStream 500W|

ebay, or just buy a cheap AC unit. 5200 btu AC units generally use 1/2 hp rotary compressors, which will make a killer single stage R290 unit. It will probably be charged with R22 when you get it though, so you will have to get a shop to reclaim the R22 so you can hack the thing appart without going to jail.

Found some tecumseh compressors for 25 to 30 bucks on ebay. Looks like a steady seller too, so I dont need to buy one right now. Still studying up on how to build one and I dont quite have the time yet.

Thanks guys.