• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy a compressor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LabRat23

Normally I wouldn't ask, but I didn't find one place that sells them online after googling for an hour. I know there has to be some place out there that sells them cheap. Also, what is a good brand name to buy?

Thanks in advance.

LabRat23 said:
Normally I wouldn't ask, but I didn't find one place that sells them online after googling for an hour. I know there has to be some place out there that sells them cheap. Also, what is a good brand name to buy?

Thanks in advance.

I recommend a tecumseh compressor. It will last forever.

Found their homepage with a quick google search. They dont seem to sell them from their website. I found some using the froogle search for $250 to $300. Is that a good price or is there a better place to buy them?

Thanks

EBAY is your best bet here... just make sure the ones you get come with all the start/run components..

ebay, or just buy a cheap AC unit. 5200 btu AC units generally use 1/2 hp rotary compressors, which will make a killer single stage R290 unit. It will probably be charged with R22 when you get it though, so you will have to get a shop to reclaim the R22 so you can hack the thing appart without going to jail.

Found some tecumseh compressors for 25 to 30 bucks on ebay. Looks like a steady seller too, so I dont need to buy one right now. Still studying up on how to build one and I dont quite have the time yet.

Thanks guys.

Back