• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YellowDart said:
Is anybody seeing problems with game controllers in the game???

My stick seems all wierded out. I've got a Saitek Rumble Force stick (bought it about a year ago). The x axis on the stick seems to be inverted, and the game seems to thing that the center position on the stick's axes is a "roll right" position. I just installed the latest drivers for my stick last night and it was a little better, but I'm almost wondering if the game isn't liking it. So neither the default WinXP drivers or the latest drivers from Saitek seem to be working for this game. The stick worked fine for BF:V and DC... I'm not sure what the deal is. Have any of you guys experienced this, and if so, do you have any suggestions??? I'd like to see some of your opinions before I start barking @ EA's tech support people. ;)

Delete all your joystick mapping and do it again but when you click "roll right" actually roll the stick right. You can assign an axis by going left with the stick but then in-game it will be reversed.

WuChild said:
Delete all your joystick mapping and do it again but when you click "roll right" actually roll the stick right. You can assign an axis by going left with the stick but then in-game it will be reversed.

I've tried that too. It doesn't seem to want to work for me. I tried remapping each axis in different ways, and it's still not working. I'll have to mess around with it a little later when I get home from work tonight.

For some reason the game keep locking up on me, either right after the loading when I get into the game or 5-10 minutes after playing.

im having a problem of not being able to connect to any servers:( the first 2 days i had the game i was able to play online just fine, but i got home from work today and when i try to connect to a server, it pops up the "join server" screen, then go's back to the server list screen:( is anyone else having this problem or know a way to fix it?

TazExtreme3 said:
The ~ key opens the console. The command is "renderer.showfps 1" or simply "fps 1"
Edit: I guess this isn't correct, it doesn't work for me

its "renderer.drawfps 1" :)

Well i have a firewall and i opened all the ports from the manual then it doesnt connect to any servers and i get 0 or 999. Looked at ea's site and found more ports than in the manual.Added those.Then get the same probaly intil i put my firewall on the lowest setting which i dont want to do.Any ideas?

Last edited:
Dc5e said:
When i try to run BF2, the program opens and just quits. My specs are in my sig and i'm running cat 5.4... I haven't really looked into the problem but i'm wondering if it's something other people have been having.

ya, im having the same problem, only im using catlist 5.6. When I click on the icon, the screen goes black, then the montor clicks a few times, then it just returns me to the desktop like nothing ever happend

Does Gamespy support BF2? It won't recognize BF2 when I scan for games. thanks.

Actually, the two biggest problems I have is the server browsering being a pain. Its slow, sluggish and makes grey hairs pop out of my skull ahead of time. Just about the worst ever server browser in history.

Apart from that, the only thing I've noticed is a flaw that I think is related to the server rather than the client. Very often I get teamkills out of regular kills. I can basically whack him down close range, know for 100% he's a foe, but i get billed for a TK. A lot of other players have noticed it too.

A slight request, give points for demolition of enemy UAV, arty and scanner.

Cheers, Flix

Sort by ping and have the highest ping servers on top. Its only sluggish over the 0ping servers.

Ohh also, I have zero problems with this game.

i do also face some problem. sometimes the game will jump to windows after a few minutes play and the experience lag with my 9800PRO althought just run at 800x600 only. but everything i put high quality.

davidsk, if you put everything on medium and turn off dynamic lighting it will still look fine and you can play in higher res with no lag. i play 1280x960 medium settings with a 9800 non pro.

I read on another forum that disabling Hyperthreading on Intel boards will fix crashing. I was having constant crashes and after disabling HT i Played for 40 minutes without a hitch.

Yuriman said:
Sort by ping and have the highest ping servers on top. Its only sluggish over the 0ping servers.

Ohh also, I have zero problems with this game.

weren't they going to sort out the 0 ping servers? Maybe a bit unfair, as many people firewall out ping, but its really a menace...

Well...

I tried running with 77.72; didn't work (went down faster than a Clinton intern; even before loading into the game) and so I'm trying a roll-back to the bundled nVidia 77.3.

A64 3400+, nVidia GFFX 5950U on an nF3 250GBUltra board. 1G system RAM. SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS, which they boast about in the box itself.

I'm disappointed.

im not sure if this belongs here or not, but im not allowed to upgrade my comp for a while and im thinkin about buying this game. i can play the demo at low settings but do u guys think i will be able to run the full game at low settings with the rig in my sig?

Back