• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 2: Technicial Issues and Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Post all problems or issues with Battlefield 2 in this thread. If you're worried about your question getting lost, don't. Just use the thread search feature to find your question (and probably answer) quickly and easily!

When i try to run BF2, the program opens and just quits. My specs are in my sig and i'm running cat 5.4... I haven't really looked into the problem but i'm wondering if it's something other people have been having.

When i run bf2...

The shadows are all screwed up.. if someone is running across the map, there shadow is about a 20 foot square. i have 71.89 drivers.. when i boot the game it tells me to update them.

Bestmaxx said:
The shadows are all screwed up.. if someone is running across the map, there shadow is about a 20 foot square. i have 71.89 drivers.. when i boot the game it tells me to update them.

Turn you'r shadows and dynamic lighting off. This will fix that and give you a great performance boost without losing to much eye candy.

Dc5e said:
When i try to run BF2, the program opens and just quits. My specs are in my sig and i'm running cat 5.4... I haven't really looked into the problem but i'm wondering if it's something other people have been having.

Upgrade to ze 5.6cats :D

Bestmaxx said:

the 77.30 drivers FIX this problem. they where bundled with the Demo, i'd assume they would be with the game too, their probally not to hard to find if you look.

Maybe it is my soundcard,
but when I enable EAX I hear strange sounds once in a while, especially when walking / running. It sounds like bullets bounching off metal close to me, even though no one is shooting at me.
[edit]
It isn't because of EAX, but when audio rendering is being set at 'hardware'. Changing it to 'software' solves it, but -it might be my imagination- 'hardware' sounds a tad better.

Dc5e said:
Apart from what Goateh said: make sure Windows is able to run at 800x600 @ 60Hz. That took me a while to figure out.

Last edited:
Goateh said:
Upgrade to ze 5.6cats :D

Check the 5.5 drivers before going to the 5.6 drivers. I lost 33% of performance going from the 5.5 to 5.6's. 3dMark05 with the 5.5 = 6303, 5.6 = 4258.

Plus my problem is textures on the weapons I'm using, some wall textures, and some of the text in the game is scrambled to the point you can't read it. IE: respawn timer after you die.

Hrmmm.. weird... I havn't really had any issues with the cat 5.6s.

Ah well, try the 5.5s before the 5.6s I guess :D

Goateh said:
Hrmmm.. weird... I havn't really had any issues with the cat 5.6s.

Ah well, try the 5.5s before the 5.6s I guess :D

Don't get me wrong though, DO try the 5.6's but also try the 5.5's too. I Didn't mean to qoute you in a bad way Goateh. Just trying to let them know that they should try everything possible when it came to video drivers. :beer:

Is there a command to view FPS? And is it just me, or can you NOT change view while on foot? In order for me to change the camera, I have to be in a vehicle or have my parachuet deployed. :(

NiTrO bOiE said:
Is there a command to view FPS? And is it just me, or can you NOT change view while on foot? In order for me to change the camera, I have to be in a vehicle or have my parachuet deployed. :(

Personally I think servers should be able to disable the 3rd person cameras, 'corner camping' is weak and easy with those cameras.

Ok I just got the game couple of hours ago and after waiting 1hour and 45min I finally got into the server and it just plain sucked. It lags horribly, simplly unplayable eventhough my ping never got above 80. Demo servers were much better I played on 64 players server all the time and never got any lag except the first few seconds. The servers for the full game are horrible, I tried 6 so far and everyone of them was laging bad, WTF I paid $55 for this game to get this s***. I have yet to try 16 player server cause the 32-64 are not possible to play in, its like a bad slide show. It would really suck if 16 player ones are the only ones that are playable cause I paid for this game so I can fly if I want to.

Single player is awsome and that is the only thing that I can play so far without any problems, multiplayer is just plain bad :bang head I hope that EA does something about this, but knowing them I'm sure they will :rolleyes:
Oh did I forget to mention that even if you get into the server after couple of minutes you get kicked by PB and if its not that some retard stands in front of you on purpose when you take of with the aircraft so you get the teamkill and get kicked from the server.

Don't get me wrong the games is awsome but the multiplayer is unplayable.

NiTrO bOiE said:
Is there a command to view FPS?
The ~ key opens the console. The command is "renderer.showfps 1" or simply "fps 1"
Edit: I guess this isn't correct, it doesn't work for me

Last edited:
Drec said:
the 77.30 drivers FIX this problem. they where bundled with the Demo, i'd assume they would be with the game too, their probally not to hard to find if you look.

My game would even start until I figured out that the included 77.30 had to be used. The boneheads at EA should have told me this in our 2 hour conversation yesterday. I had Version: 77.72 installed and EA was like, 'you have the latest driver, that's good'.

Then we tried about 50 variations of changing string and registry values to no avail. A member here told me to install the stupid older drivers that were on the DVD, and the game fired right up. IMHO this is a situation of a game being rushed to market after delays, and it has issues. I imagine they will be implementing a patch in the future, as from what I understand this is a common problem with people with NVidia cards.

I have an A64 3000+, 1gig memory, and dual 6600gts. With the master video setting on medium I am still getting stutters, slowdowns, and generally low fps. I have installed the 77.3 drivers that came with the game. Every other game I have runs fine with settings on high: HL2, Doom3, Guild Wars, etc... Is there some secret I don't know?

Is anybody seeing problems with game controllers in the game???

My stick seems all wierded out. I've got a Saitek Rumble Force stick (bought it about a year ago). The x axis on the stick seems to be inverted, and the game seems to thing that the center position on the stick's axes is a "roll right" position. I just installed the latest drivers for my stick last night and it was a little better, but I'm almost wondering if the game isn't liking it. So neither the default WinXP drivers or the latest drivers from Saitek seem to be working for this game. The stick worked fine for BF:V and DC... I'm not sure what the deal is. Have any of you guys experienced this, and if so, do you have any suggestions??? I'd like to see some of your opinions before I start barking @ EA's tech support people. ;)

Back