• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gah.I hate woot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixMDM

Piano Man
woot.com has a $30 16x DL dvd burner, panasonic brand. And of course, I try to buy, and I realized they onyl take credit card, no paypal.
...I wish i had a credit card... :(

PhoenixMDM said:
woot.com has a $30 16x DL dvd burner, panasonic brand. And of course, I try to buy, and I realized they onyl take credit card, no paypal.
...I wish i had a credit card... :(

Don't hate Woot.

99% of online business don't take Paypal.

I don't understand why you are suprised they don't or mad about it.

For $50 you can get a NEC 3520A from newegg.com

The panasonic was undoubtedly a nice deal, but I'd rather shell out an extra $20 to deal with NewEgg and get the NEC DVD-Writer.

Fighter2a said:
You can use paypal to generate a credit card number and then use it.
just remember the costs with that, they take a % of the total to pay for that service, and I have a feeling woot wouldnt accept that anyways.

Naw, I'm not mad, just a bit annoyed. I normally NEVER check woot, and the one time I figured "eh, what the heck" and checked, there was something really nice. It was just my luck that they don't accept paypal, keeping me from having double-layer goodness.

It's okay. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827140117 makes me happy, free shipping, so it's only $5 more than woot was. ^_^

PhoenixMDM said:
Naw, I'm not mad, just a bit annoyed. I normally NEVER check woot, and the one time I figured "eh, what the heck" and checked, there was something really nice. It was just my luck that they don't accept paypal, keeping me from having double-layer goodness.

It's okay. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827140117 makes me happy, free shipping, so it's only $5 more than woot was. ^_^
i woudn't go with that Apen, my NEC 3500 is pretty good but the benQ is a bit better, i own like 5 different brand DVDRW lol the nec is deffitely up there on the list i broke a liteon by flashing it kakaka, i'm still flashing my drives though i think it was just bad luck.

MitchV said:
For $50 you can get a NEC 3520A from newegg.com

The panasonic was undoubtedly a nice deal, but I'd rather shell out an extra $20 to deal with NewEgg and get the NEC DVD-Writer.

I completely agree. It's worth $20 to deal with Newegg and get a drive like that. This makes me think that newer technology with DVD drives must be getting more mature. I wonder how long it will be before we see 8x DL?

warlock110 said:
i woudn't go with that Apen, my NEC 3500 is pretty good but the benQ is a bit better, i own like 5 different brand DVDRW lol the nec is deffitely up there on the list i broke a liteon by flashing it kakaka, i'm still flashing my drives though i think it was just bad luck.

I was looking at that Aopen too..no go?

there is no reason not to get an aopen. Show me a review that says not to and then you shouldn't. I've used AOpen, not DVD burners, but cd burners and they worked great

dicecca112 said:
there is no reason not to get an aopen. Show me a review that says not to and then you shouldn't. I've used AOpen, not DVD burners, but cd burners and they worked great

CD and DVD burner are completely different story :) DVD burners are sort of relying on firmware update if you want to burn your disc up to speed, and as far as Aopen i don't see alot of update on media code, CDR was so easy because pretty much any will burn, with DVDR -+ some crappy DVDRW will be very picky about what media it can burn (try BTC drives with ritek 04 and tell me the result). i would better be safe than sorry, with drives such as NEC, Liteon, Benq there's plenty of support out there and the chances of you messing up a pack of disc is low. you don't see reviews not recommending aopen because no one uses it, you don't see reviews recommending it either lol so it's up to you what you wanna use, i trust in brand with more support and knowing that many have use the same drive so if i have a problem it's easier to find a solution. comparing CDRW to DVDRW is just wrong... have you seen sony CDRW? it used to be one of the best brand, and have you used sony DVDRW, one of the worst drive on the market.

DVDRW will rely on the quality of the burn too, and so far the nec and pionner have pretty good burn quality, the plextor has always been the top dog in the media world but they are also very expensive.

thats a good point....count up the DVD frisbee's you can rack up by using the wrong burner...and the time...
so stick with nec, lite-on or Ben Q...

Pineabs said:
my god the only night i didn't stay up to see woot. they get something that i really need.

First night I went to bed early, and look what I missed!! :bang head

Oh well, tonight. :cool:

steve

Back