• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Desk? My New Command Center

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not motors for closing the desk. We have to slide to get in at the moment. Those are for the water cooling.

w00t I am subscibed, thats crazy I love the control pannel Idea. Depending on the loundness of the desktops/servers you may need ear plugs if your going to be surrounded by them.

For the self destruct button you need to wire it up to a fog machine and somthing that goes boom loudly that way you can make it look like the computers just exploded.

can't wait to see this finished looks amazing
what are those three cylinder shaped things ontop of the desk? look like blowers.

Last edited:
Avro said:
can't wait to see this finished looks amazing
what are those three cylinder shaped things ontop of the desk? look like blowers.
Yep some sort of blower, im guessing to blow thru the large Rad he is going to have down in the desk.

:eek: Damn! Hell... Got to be one sweet desk to play and be a commander in there! With the color black - kind of remind me of one movie where I remember one villian having almost like that desk. What's the title called (? :eh?: ) it's not Darth Vader, but think something like an old spy movie??

If I ever have spare time and enough room - I've alway wanted to try build a Star-Trek themed desk since forever, lol! :p :D :D

Sorry if this was allready discussed but how ya gonna get out of the mofo if it surrounds u? is there gonna be a counter-type door? or just crawl under

Son1990 said:
Sorry if this was allready discussed but how ya gonna get out of the mofo if it surrounds u? is there gonna be a counter-type door? or just crawl under
One of the sections is going to swing up, at least I think that is how he is going to have it. He should mount it on Hydraulics and have a button on his pannel and have the whole thing lift up.

Yea they hydraulics would be cool. i figure he would do a diner-dounter type of operation....but then that would mean nothing on one of the pannels :(

Daewood: Sure 800 for the same desk, pickup only :D

ckj: Nope they are 85CFM Torin blowerr fans, they are ducted therough the radiators mounted to the bottom of the desk.

Status Report:

Currently I just crawl under the desk since I have things on every section currently. I may still mount a hinge if I can clear enough space to make it practical. I have nearly the whole control panel wired after many late night soldering marathons. Ive been running wires and bundling them mostly, the Depot sells cheap wire shielding and ive been using it to clean up all the wire bundles. Ive also bought a label maker and labled the controls which is looking great so far. Right now the desk setup in my room and proves to be impressive. Hydraulics would be cool but I think ive spent enough money at this point heh.

Edit: Less supervillian, more covert ops support operator.

that is bad man, keep up the good work. why only 85 cfm blowers though? seems like you could get some much bigger/louder ones and make a box that would fit over them and insulate the noise. put some rubber between the blowers and where they are mounted, and get some dynamat or something, a small sheet and mold that on the inside of the box. then you can stack **** on top of them. just an idea, and if you happen to use it ill take 10$ in a finders fee for the idea :santa: :p

AlucardCasull said:
why only 85 cfm blowers though?
they may be only 85cfm but they will put out a lot of pressure which is good for getting the air through the fins of the radiator.

Do you plan to enclose the whole thing? Like with a roof and lights inside? That would be insane... Also have to watch the heat... My computer is like a freakin space heater in my bedroom! It gets so damn hot in the summer, the whole house is 72 and my room is 85+ :-/

omg..if he enclosed it..lol
My house will now have a little enclosed corner, haha

So are you living at home with your family/parents, or are you moved out? If you still live at home, what do you plan to do with the desk when you have to leave?

Back