• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem Connecting though cable modem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meionm

I want to connect directally through cable modem to internet, my problem is every time I am doing I get something like Limited to connectivity.

It works fine when I connect through cable modem, router, for some reason works fine when it is in networks setup

I tried installing USB drives for the cable modem but when I did and connect cable modem to laptop through USB I got same message Limited to connectivity.

I know it suppose to work becasue on the old laptop I could do that, just the new one doesn't want to connected to the internet directly through cable modem.

I have latest ethrnet drives installed

any help solving this would be appreciated

your modem probably isnt getting a new IP address. so plug the ethernet into the comp you want to connect to and unplug the modem from power for a few seconds and plug it back in. tn the modem does its thing and tests and updates the ip, then the comp should be able to get the ip and dns settings from the modem.

I know that i have to power cycle my modem to renew the ip.

Back